Monday, July 30, 2012

Friends, Fun, and Being Frugal

The VanEvera's July 23- 30

This week we had a lot going on. Ian got to attend his first movie or at least his first movie where he was awake! We took him several times to late movies as a little baby where he slept through the whole thing but not this time. He was so cute and had the best time. After his popcorn and candy were gone, he took me by the hand and grabbed his bag and told me "I done, let's go mommy. I go bye bye." It was just the dollar summer kids movie but a good and fun experience for him. I am just glad my mom went with us because I had five kids with me and Paul was at an in-service. I managed to get us all in and fed for under $20!!! The tickets were a dollar, I had the kids share a large bucket of $7 popcorn, ( I brought baggies for them to each have their own), I brought all the kids in a bottle of water, and I bought the big boxes of movie candy at Kroger for $1!!  I was pretty proud of myself and all the kids had fun watching Puss and Boots.

Our eat in challenge is still going good and we are almost 20 days in!!!  Only 10 more days to go and I KNOW we will make it!  I am still amazed at how easy it has been for the kids! I am really blessed to have such sweet kids who get what we are doing and are on board with it. We will have to do something really special for them with the money we are saving this month by not eating out. I will tell you that I don't think I have ever noticed so many food commercials before this!! It's like all I ever see these days. Oh well,  I will not be tempted :)

The hard part this week was that it was mine and Paul's anniversary but we found a fun and creative way to celebrate, eat in, but not really cook! We headed to the Kroger Marketplace and ended up with some Hawaiian rolls, some deli chicken salad, a few dips and crackers, a giant cupcake, and some sparkling cider, all for about $20!  It was all delicious and very romantic as we lit candles and played music while we ate. We also rented a few old romantic movies neither of us had seen,  Breakfast at Tiffany's, and Casablanca. We had a credit on our account so our movies were free!! We ended up liking both of them, so it looks like Paul has some Christmas ideas for me!  We had our night alone the night before our actual wedding date and on the day of, we went shopping without kids, slept in, and then had a wonderful dinner and get together with our good friends as well as some friends we haven't seen in about three years.

We had a O'hana/Hawaiian inspired dinner that was absolutely yummy! Our menu consisted of: Pineapple bacon wraps, a variety of salads, different types of grilled meats, lemonade, Hawaiian tea, and bread pudding. Everyone arrived hungry but no one left that way. It was nice to introduce my son to mommy's friend from when she was a little girl and for the girls to get to visit and show off how big and sassy they have gotten. I also got to see my friend, her husband, and her mother that I haven't talked to or visited with in such a long time.  Even though three years is a long time, you couldn't tell it from the way we all laughed and visited :) We decided to not wait that long ever again!!

This week brings us into the month of August with the start of school fast approaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment