Thursday, June 18, 2015

Mom Time With A Good Book

I was so excited to be asked to review another book! This time it was a book just for me and boy how I enjoyed just some time to read by myself for myself! With four kids finding time to read alone a book of my choice is very rare.

The book is called Miracles From Heaven and it is written by Christy Wilson Beam, a mother of three, a former teacher, and a witness and testimony to God's grace and goodness.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book from cover to cover in only a few hours.  I cried, laughed, prayed, praised, and cried some more! I shed both happy and sad tears because as a mother I can relate to fiercely loving and protecting your child.

 It is written by a mom who tells the story of how her young daughter Annabel fought two incurable disease for years and then ends up falling 30 feet head first into a hollow tree where she was trapped and unable to be rescued for hours. While trapped Annabel meets Jesus in Heaven along with a guardian angel who tell her that she will be okay and be healed. Annabel is finally freed from the hollow tree but as the days, weeks, months, and even years pass she is free from her terrible diseases as well and in all essence is cured! Annbel's or Anna as she is sometimes called experienced nothing short of a miracle. In my opinion two miracles, one being completely healed and the other sitting and talking with Jesus and then coming back to share her experience.

The main events of the story are already exciting to read about but what I enjoyed was the journey of faith, love, and prayer from the point of view of the mother and the rest of the Beam family. I cannot imagine having any of my children go through something so painful and heartbreaking as Anna did and I pray to God that I never do. If God has a plan for that in our lives one day I pray I can walk that path as Christy and Kevin Beam did for Anna, with peace knowing this is all part of God's plan not ours, praying without ceasing and asking others to do the same, and being a strong example of God's sovereign power and through it all have a testimony that God is good all the time.

I love to read stories with a happy ending and nothing is happier than  a family serving God through all they have been through and always give Him the honor and glory. I enjoyed reading about Anna's spirit and how she is serving the Lord at such a young age. God has big plans for this little girl and I hope to read about them one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment