Emersyn will be working in"mommy school" as she calls it. No formal anything just reading lots is books with a focus on Eric Carle and Art, a ton of just playing together and keeping up with potty training. She already can count past 10, name all of her colors and most of her shapes, all her body parts and directional words, she is just a little sponge! I am just going to follow her lead like I did with the others.
Ian will be my big first grade boy!! He will continue HOD's Little Hearts For His Glory as his main curriculum. My plan is to go full speed 4 days a week and throw in some unit studies. We can and will focus on the 3 R's once our guide is completed which should be in March if not sooner. He will do AAR level 1 for reading and CLE grade 1 for math. I scored some cheap drawing books to add in since Ian has shown an interesting drawing and this will be his art along with YouTube. We also love to use YouTube for PE time. We will continue using HWOT for handwriting and KWOT for keyboarding.
Audrey and Ally will finish up HOD's Preparing this year. My plan is to keep on going half speed for a while to keep our days shorter. When I feel right about it we will go full speed and just like Ian if we finish before May we will just focus on the 3 R's. I also bought some cute $1 workbooks that focus on geography and one on science if we need them to finish out the year. We are making the switch to CLE math grade 4, which we are all happy about. We will use RS 4 for language, IEW's Fables Myths, and Fairytales for writing, and DITHOR level 4/5 for reading. Ally will finish dictation level 3 and Audrey will be in AAS level 2. They will use a free program typing.com for keyboarding this year and YouTube for art and PE. I am going to go through An American Girl: The Care and Keeping of You for a health emphasis.
We will continue our co op this year. The girls will be taking Apologia's Swimming Creatures class, Ian will be taking a 1st grade enrichment class, and Emersyn will be in preschool/nursery. I will be teaching in our elementary enrichment department. We did cut back to one class this year because our schedules are so full!
Ally will keep up her dance class once a week and Audrey and Ian will both play fall and spring ball. Ian wants to start basket ball this year as well in late fall. Both girls will stay at piano lessons and GMA and all the kids will have AWANA and other church activities.
I am still in deliberation over starting the girls in the Destination Imagination program and or an American Girl Club for Ally and a Lego Club for Ian and Audrey. Details and costs are not all in yet.
One thing we will all keep doing is our weekly video blogs that I post on Facebook and in our blog! The kids and I both LOVED them and I had a ton of compliments on them. I have started a Facebook group about our homeschool that coincides with our blog!! If you wanted to be added to the secret group let me know.
I think that pretty much sums up our plans! I know not everything is academic but their social, physical, and spiritual well being growth is just as important as their academics. We spread things out so our only really busy times are from March to June during spring ball. By starting the first of August we are mostly done by the end of April and can do light school during our really busy season :) I know it's not for everyone but it works for us!!
It will be a while before I post since we are off and enjoying a summer break!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment