Sunday, September 25, 2011

The fair's is not fair!!

Last night for our family outing for the weekend, we all went to the fair with our good friends. I knew it would be expensive, it was a lot when I went as a kid but 4 tickets for one ride!!! I about peed my pants when I saw those prices!! I get that these people need to make money but since the girls and Ian are small their are some rides where Paul or I rode with them, so one ride costs us $20!! At those rates, Paul may need to work the fairs during his summers off, it would make us a heck of a lot of extra money! Thankfully the girls can ride a few smaller rides by themselves since they are 4, almost five according to them, but poor little one year old Ian had to have someone with him. There were a few very understanding ride workers who did not make us pay when we were riding with him. I think they must have small kids or grand kids of their own. Thank you to those of you who let me ride with my baby boy free and watch him experience the wonder and excitement of his first fair. There was even a man who was in charge of a game that Ian couldn't play who gave him a prize just for being so cute!!

The girls played a few games but I had to not let them play the duckpond due to the fact that it costs $5 each for them to pick up a duck out of a kiddie pool!! We stuck to the games that were $1 and if you win you win and if you don't you don't, life is not fair, just like those prices. As far as food, I wanted to let the kids enjoy fair food but they spent most of the money on those darn expensive rides and a few games!! I think we bought 50 tickets and the girls rode 4 rides and Ian rode 3. All in all I am glad we went and had that time with family and friends but next year, we will have a budgeted plan and will take Nanny and Pawpaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment