Saturday, September 17, 2011

Signs of Fall

Out of the four wonderful seasons we get to experience each year, (thanks be to God for them all) , I think fall is perhaps my favorite! I can leave the windows open, football is on TV, chili and soup are weekly dinners, a trip to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch, hot chocolate, the parade and fair, and then on to the fall holidays and family gatherings! Oh, and I adore how the leaves changing colors and then a drive up North to see them in all their glory is a big highlight. I think this year we will be heading to Mountain View for my niece, Roree's first birthday. I can't wait to see my sweet girl and give her lots of hugs and birthday kisses! We may also head up to our yearly Branson shopping trip and see some family there. This year the girls are learning about fall/autumn in our lessons and they can't wait either. As a mommy and a teacher it makes me proud that they are excited about learning. They are both super excited about it and are learning by leaps and bounds. They are also excited and ready to start wearing their new clothes.

Speaking of clothes, this fall I get to wear jeans that are two sizes smaller than the ones I wore last year!!! Go me! My daily workouts and running and have helped me drop two sizes and 30 pounds :) I must admit that buying jeans and wearing jeans has always been something I enjoy but to get them smaller makes it even better! I think the girls like buying jeans too because I catch them in their room "trying them on" even when its too hot to wear them. This week the fair is in town and Audrey and Ally are so excited to go and not only ride but put on their sparkle jeans with a belt and their brown shoes, it sure does make a mommy proud to see how "fashionable" they are becoming.

This week my dad, better known now as Pawpaw is taking the girls and Ian to pick apples and peaches and then my mom, now only known as Nanny will help us make applesauce and apple pie and anything else apple we can think of! My mouth is watering and my tummy is growling at the thought of it all! Right now as I am typing Belle, our beloved family cat of 9 years is curled up on my lap, a pot of chili is simmering on the stove, football is on the TV, and yep, the windows are open! Oh and just to reiterate....I LOVE FALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment