Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A new year, a new name!!

When I started our home school blog, only my big girls were doing school and my little man was just a baby so I didn't give much thought to adding him : ( Now my little guy is 4 and will be doing preschool plus we added our new little girl in February so our blog needed a new name. All of the post we did in Beyond are included and the web address is the same, just the name has changed.

It took a bit to find something that fit and I could not find a way to put all four kiddos names in : ( As I was thinking I came up with all the different things we do at home, not just home school and how God is with us in everything from school to cleaning house, to cooking dinner, to a date night, and everything in between! My husband helped me come up with the new title and I LOVE it!

We are gearing up for our new year in just a few weeks! I have sorted through old curriculum and made room for the new. Shelves have been cleared out and boxes sent to storage. New maps and a calendar have been bought and lesson plans made! My goal is to start August 4 before my husband goes back.

We are still using Heart of Dakota this year and I am excited to be starting Ian in Little Hands to Heaven! He is very excited about school this year so I know he is ready! We tried a bit last year but he was just not ready.

We will start a new co op in August as well as allowing each child to pick one extra activity to do outside of school : ) Audrey is looking at taekwondo, Ally wants to do drama, and Ian wants to play baseball! It seems that home won't be the only place or places we school this year!

I tired to post the file of our weekly plan : ( Here is the best I could do. This is what I have planned for our first week : ) I have my big girls up top and my little man at the bottom since I don't think his guide needs as much planning.


                       Audrey and Ally’s Weekly Homeschool Lesson Plans 2014/2015          
Week of                                                             Unit # 1    Topic Columbus Discovers America

            Day 1                Day 2                    Day 3                   Day 4                Day 5
Prayer, Calendar
Language
p. 10-11
p. 12-13
p. 14-15
p. 16-17
p. 18-19
Bible
Verse:   Proverbs 2;3-6 Persistence             Devotion: Little Pillows p. 77-79
Poetry
Four By the Clock by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Dictation
Passage 1
Passage 1

Passage 2
Review
DITHOR



Biography Kickoff!
Day 1 Pre reading activity with chosen books
Day 2 Story Discussion and Vocabulary
Day 3 Story Element: Character Traits  Listen Character Web p. 3
Day 4Godly Traits: responsibility and diligence

HWOT
p.30 shake hands
Song #9
Stomp feet p. 33
p.32 and 37
Song #1
Read Aloud

Title: Ben and Me      Genre:  Biography     Story Element:  character      Trait: Responsibility
Writing
About me brainstorm/draw
Complete Sentences p 19
Ending sentences p. 20
Write  a letter to self  open on last day
Journal:
Tell about first week
Math
Missing parts 
TB 6-8
Missing Whole
TB 8-9 WB Ex1
Make 100
TB 9-10  WB Ex 2
Practice TB 11
Ex 1A

Science

Seashores p. 6-7
Retell/ Narrate
Notebook high and low tides
Seashores p. 8-9
Experiment
Seashores p. 10-11Narrate/Retell
Seashores p. 12-13
Experiment
Art

Paint a horizon



Geography

Using a Globe




History




First Book of American History p. 1-3
A round world
First Book of American History p. 4-6
King and Queen Help
First Book of American History p. 7-11
VOCABULARY!!!
Journeys in Time p. 8-9
Land
Label a balloon!
Notebook:
Make a map
Timeline Entry
Music
Kids Heart Vol.1 Track 1 “Holy, Holy,Holy” Pages 15-16 and 18 and Piano Practice
Extra’s
Technology
Liberty Co op
Piano Lessons
PE
PE /Technology

Ian’s Lessons
Ian’s speech
Letter Aa
Bible/Activity Genesis and creation
Finger Play Adam and the Animals
Music: Track 3
Count on Me:


Rotating
Number 1, paint,
ETC/HWOT



Weekly Notes: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________­­­­­­­_____
­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Curriculum Resources: Heart of Dakota: Bigger Hearts for His Glory, Singapore Math,  Handwriting Without Tears, Internet, Library, Drawn Into The Heart of Reading, Preparing to Build English 2, Heart of Dakota: Little Hands to Heaven, Get Ready for the Code

No comments:

Post a Comment