Well its hard to believe that 5 weeks ago I was still pregnant and now I have a handsome chubby bounching baby boy! As the weeks have gone by I have started thinking about the great moments ahead but also about the things I will miss! Who would have thought I would miss being pregnant! It is a little sad to think that Ian is probably my last baby. At the end you are so ready for that baby to be out, you forget about the good parts before that. Here are the things I have come up with that I will miss about being pregnant.
1. The emotions in finding out you are having a baby!
2. Feeling the baby move, even if its in the middle of the night!
3. Getting to eat as much as I want, when I want.
4. Having a reason for being fat and lazy!
5. Seeing and holding your baby for the very first time!
6. Getting some time to relax and not having to cook dinner after work.
7. Stretch marks
I have also had time to think about things I will NOT miss.
1. People touching my belly.
2. The constant questions.
3. Not seeing the bottom half of my body.
4. Asking for help with little things like shaving my legs or tying my shoes.
5. Maternity clothes.
6. The poking and prodding, at the doctors as well as all those weight checks and peeing in a cup.
7. The heaviness of carry a big baby boy or big twin girls!
As final as it is, I am so looking forward to all the things ahead as a mom of three kids! Watching Audrey and Ally become big sisters is amazing! They love their brother and to help mommy out. They have gotten to be a little bit more independent, which is good. They still need their mommy and I cherish those moments now more than ever because I know how fast they grow up! I love seeing all three of my precious miracles interact. Ian loves his sisters and will stare and listen to them. I can't wait for them to be older and actually play. I pray that my kids stay close as they get older and learn to lean on and help each other.
The girls have started ballet and Ally loves it. Audrey does not like it, so she may not stay in it but thats okay we will find her niche when its time. Ian can now recognize voices, especially Mommy, and he can smile, though he will not do it when I have the camera! He is trying to figure out how to roll over and imitate facial expressions. He also lifts his head very well. He is a strong little boy! Paul can't wait for him to get big enough to wrestle with and play sports. Now he knows how excited I am to see the girls start doing things I have imagined since I found out I was having girls! I can't help it that there are two girls so the things they like and are interested in add up fast! I will just have to hold my toungue when Paul buys Ian all the best baseball gear.
Life is good in the VanEvera house and as time goes by my babies will grow and change and learn new things, and I will grow and change right along with them!
No comments:
Post a Comment