Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Joys of Fatherhood

This week I got to experience some of the greater things about being a father. With school out I get to enjoy the kiddos more and more. There are some days that they are a handful but these last few weeks have been quite entertaining. It started by assembling a 12 foot by 3 foot pool. Of course the box says that it will only take 30 minutes to an hour to assemble, however, 2 hours or so later I finally got it assembled. Then about 6 hours later on the next day it was filled. Then after three or four trips back to the store to get things that we need for it, we were finally able to swim. It has been a blast so far. I just hope that it doesn't tip over. The ground was not so level so one side has about a two to three incher deeper end than the other. Now the challenge is to get it cleaned and free of dirt and algae. Then because the girls never get to ride in the truck (unless it is a special occasion) I have had to take them to their class. Audrey is taking gymnastics and Ally is taking ballet. Audrey did not want to do ballet. Of course, they are on different days and at different places so they each get to ride in the truck when we go. I have to say it is somewhat pleasant to watch them although there is nothing to do but watch them. Audrey is good at gymnastics but it is her first time to be away from Ally and is hesitant to go by herself. She has gone but you can tell she doesn't always enjoy herself because the kids are bigger and know how to do most of the things that they are doing. Hopefully she will come around. Ally absolutely loves ballet. She seems to be a natural at it. Of course, she is only doing the very basic beginner class. She really seemed to enjoy it and is looking forward to her next class. I hope her enthusiasm continues. She apparently wasn't upset that Audrey wasn't there with her. Of course, by me taking them mommy hasn't got to and it kind of broke her heart a little. I think she will get to take them next time. It won't be long till they are doing recitals, oh joy!! I can't wait till Ian gets bigger and starts to want to do things that I have a clue about. I have know idea what the girls are doing, but as long as they are happy and enjoying themselves I can't complain to much, it seems to be part of the joys of fatherhood!!

P. VanEvera

No comments:

Post a Comment