The day to day happenings of homeschooling my children and managing life with four kids, a husband, and a cat! It's kind of like my online journal of our days learning, living, and loving together!
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Babies, Babies, Babies
It certainly seems that 2010 is the year for babies!! Everywhere I look I see one or I get the news someone either just had a baby or is having a baby. I mean its insane! Ian is one of 7 new babies at church and 1 of 6 at school, not including Paul's school. I am kind of getting baby fever! I know Ian is only 4 months old but now I feel like I am missing out! Maybe I should just count my blessings and be done, but in all honesty I don't know if I am done! I spent 5 years trying to become a mommy and through the Lord and his wonderful advances in technology I have my two beautiful daugthers and now through the Lord's marvelous way of surprising people with miracles I have a handsome son! I should be done but I am kinda really wanting to try for baby #4! Crazy huh? In this day and age who wants a big family, but in all seriousness I would love to have another. Paul is still up in the air on it but is not totally opposed to it. His big thing is he wants it to be as good of a baby as Ian is! I hear the comment all the time "Wow, now you have a boy and you can stop". Well it is true we have the best of both words but people should not assume we are done having kids, that is our choice. It really irritates me when that happens and even worse are the looks we get when we tell them "well we are thinking about another one on down the road" Now I am not wanting another one right now, but maybe when Ian is two or three we may try for one. If it happens then great, God does have bigger plans for us and if not then I am perfectly happy with the family I have been blessed with! It is so terrible and unthinkable to consider having a fourth child? I am not stupid I know what all raising a child involves and how we would be percieved. I mean I have already gotten the cold shoulder by people who are jealous that I have another child when they don't,and on the flip side I have friends who treat my kids like their neices and nephews since they don't have have any of their own yet. With all that said, I really don't care what other people think, including my family! My dad thinks I am nuts and my mom is a little unsure but I know they will support us and happily welcome another grandchild into the family. Paul and I do make pretty babies!! So only God knows what is in store for the VanEvera Five and I am blessed either way and will continue to love my babies and my husband and enjoy the sweet family He has given me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment