Well summer is gone and a new year has begun which means things are picking back up at the VanEvera house! Paul has gone back to work and is enjoying the new building. My mom is now a para over there so they are together this year. Both of them are having a good year so far. I am on maternity leave until October! I have had some days with my new class and they are absolutely precious! I am excited about my return but my sub is doing a great job which eases my worries. The kids and I go up to school a few days a week to say hi and stay updated.
Audrey is going to start ballet this fall with Ally and they are both so EXCITED!! In fact that will start this week and everyday we have to count down until class. They look so cute in their pink leotards and tights and shoes. I hope Audrey enjoys it as much as Ally. She did not like gymnastics so much and I think part of it was that she was not with her sister. Both girls are also getting ready to start AWANA back up and this year they will be Cubbies!! They are no longer little Puggles : ( They are both very nervous about the new change this year but I know they will do GREAT. They are smart and know the teachers and kids plus mommy will be down the hall and Daddy is going to help them this year. The girls have also been working on "school" at home and are learning so much. They can both spell their names and are starting to write them and to also put letters and sounds together. It is so much fun to teach them but we all do but heads at times, so we are going slow for now afterall they are only 3 and have plenty of schooling ahead of them.
Ian is changing and growing everyday. Its hard to believe he is 4 months old already. I think he is a little on the small side compared to most of his buddies the same age. He is 14 pounds but several of his friends are 2-5 pounds bigger! He will get there, we are thinking of starting some oatmeal cereal soon. Rice cereal really upset his tummy the times we tried it. He loves to laugh and play and recognizes familair faces and voices. His latest discovery are his hands which are always in his mouth! He can say "hi/hey" when he wants you and is starting to imitate other sounds and facial movements. He can almost roll both ways now! He is such a sweet natured little guy and I am loving every moment of being his mommy. Ian is a good little baby compared to the girls.
Right now two of my three kids have a little cold. Both Ally and Ian have snotty noses and some congestion but no fever and they act fine. I am just counting down until it his Audrey or the rest of us get it. But for now we are just getting back into the swing of things and getting acclamated to new schedules and new activities. Life is good but crazy and I would not change a minute of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment