Monday, September 6, 2010

Life Changing Words

Well tomorrow, September 7th, will mark the four year anniversary of some very life changing words for me and the rest of my family. After four years of trying to having a baby, endless hours of tears, many prayers, lots of questioning, doctors, medicines, injections, and at least 2 dozen negative pregnancy tests, I was having my first ultrasound after finding out I was finally pregnant!! I really didn't know what to expect or how "the baby would look" and I knew there was a chance of more than one baby but it was very slim. Then as I looked at the screen and saw some shadows, I heard the doctor say "you see this number I am going to change it to a two and then we can look at the babies better". I was like okay not really getting it so then he explains Lisa, you are having twins!" It was very hard to wrap my mind around, I was in a state of shock! My mom was crying and Paul started filming the cieling saying "there are two what?" Needless to say he had to sit down for a while because a big wave of nerves hit him at that moment! I have the whole thing on video to show the girls one day. It still took quite a while for the reality to sink in and sometimes I am still not sure it has! The doctor did tell us not to get too excited because it was early. I knew that they would be okay from the moment I saw them and heard their little heartbeats at only 6 weeks gestation and that they would be my greatest blessing and my biggest challenge! God is good and I know he knows what he is doing and that is what gets me through the day somtimes. My girls have had a testimony since conception and I pray that it just keeps growing! My girls are a miracle as is their brother who came three years later without any "outside help". I am a very blessed mommy and am so thankful that God answered my prayer in a very surprising way. Audrey Gray and Allyson Faith, I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment