Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Long time...No Blog

Oh, my I can't believe its been nearly 3 months since I have been on her! Time sure goes by fast when you are busy raising three kids, but I would not change a thing. I just can't decide where to start so lets just pick here, getting ready for Christmas.

We have been doing alot from decorating, to shopping, to visiting family, making Gingerbread houses, and just plain enjoying time as a family. I forgot how fun it is to have a little baby at Christmas! Ian loves it all and is very good at understanidng "no-no" when he tries to grab the tree or the gifts. Speaking of gifts, Ian gave me an early one, he can now say "mama"!! I love that sweet baby voice of his. All of my kids have said mama first and that makes it just a little bit sweeter. He still has not teeth and can roll everywhere but not crawl. With him I am a little more relaxed and really want him to be a baby for as long as he can, no rush this time. He is only 8 months old and the sweetest little guy, full of kisses and laughter and smiles. I was truly blessed when God sent him to me.

The girls are really into the holidays this year but they have learned that Christmas is really about Jesus and his birthday and not just Santa but we do have to remind them of that from time to time, after all they are only 3! This was the first year they sat on Santa's lap and had a good time. I can't believe how they are growing, they are like little adults at times in their mannerisms and speech but all little girl when it comes to play and pretend. I love this age with them as we can have fun and do mommy/daughter outings like eat out, shop, go to a movie, etc. They love spending time 'just the girls" as they say.

This week we have baking and cleaning and other things to get ready for Christmas! Both familes are coming to our house for Ian's first Christmas! My family is coming on Christmas and then Paul's family (the ones that live in Arkansas) will be there the day after Christmas. Even though our home is not new or grand it will be fun having everyone here, if I don't let the stress of all the cleaning, cooking, organizing, baking, and other getting ready things get to me!

So looking at my track recored for blogging it is safe to say Merry Christmas to you all now and make one of my resolutuions to blog at least twice a month. There are some new and exciting things in store in 2011 for the VanEvera's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment