Monday, July 11, 2011

Family Updates

Well what do you know, I finally remembered all my information to log on and blog!!! I have been trying for a long time. If you have seen me on Facebook you know I have tons of stories I could have blogged about! After looking it back it seems there is ALOT of catching up to do so I will try and hit just the main points.
Things have been crazy especially now that summer is here and it looks like it is not going away. Now lets play a little game of catch up and get everyone up to date on the VanEvera's! I think I will start with our fearless leader, wonderful husband, and awesome daddy. Paul is enjoying his summer off and is leading and participating in his required 60 hours of professional development. He keeps the yard mowed, the pool clean, and is also getting a good start for AR next year! He has decided to go back to school and get a second Masters Degree, this time it will be in History. It kind of makes me feel like a cougar saying I am married to a college student!
As for myself, I am not regretting one bit our choice to stay home with the kids for a while. That means in case you haven't heard, I have traded in my classroom, for the kitchen, laundry room, bathroom, etc! Paul was great about it, I just told him a few weeks after I went back to work after being off with Ian for 6 months, that I just can't do it after this year and he just looked at me and said Okay! We have been praying and I know the financial end will work itself out because God would not have put such a heavy burden on my heart otherwise. The girls are thrilled about it! We have been doing school at home and I am so proud of them. They both know all their letters and sounds and can write most of them, rhyming is good and so is counting. They must get all those smarts from their mommy!
Audrey continues to challenge us on the behavior end, she is a little spit fire! She is so independent and verbal and tries to "reason" her way out of EVERYTHING and then when she does not get her way she has a fit or just plain whines. We have put some things in place for her and it has been good the past few days but I really think this heat affects her as well as Ally. I don't care what others may say but speaking from 7 years experience as a teacher and 4 as a parent, the weather DOES affect behavior. She is really is a good girl, she just is alot better when she is getting what she wants and if she is not well then thats a different story!
Ally has been fairly good. Her favorite things to do are tell stories, draw, color, read, and do math, along with play baby dolls. She is such a funny little girl and with personality things do not bother her as much as her twin. They worn born two peas in a pod but have turned into total opposites. She is a wonderful little story telling and has such a vivid and cute imagination. I love just to sit and listen to her tell me something. She is so animated and laid back.
Ian is now over a year old and walking! He is such a little menace already getting into EVERYTHING! Today is was putting the bathroom hand towel in the toilet and then taking all of the toilet paper off the roll. He is a true boy and I LOVE IT!! He is so sweet and a very happy and social little guy. He loves to play with his big sisters which he calls "bubbies". I have the best of both worlds with girls and a boy.
I guess that sums up the big points thus far, we have pretty much just been entertained by and enjoying our kids. No big vacations this year, I just don't like taking Ian out in all this heat and he can't do that much yet even though he thinks he can do whatever the girls do. Paul and I will cele brate 10 years of marriage in a few weeks, so are thinking maybe later this year we may take a small trip. I haven't left Ian over night yet! That will have to be a whole other blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment