The VanEvera Family December 18 - 25
This week couldn't have started out any better, the girls performed in their annual Christmas play at church. It is always a joy as a mother to see my babies up on stage glorifying God with their little voices and praising his name through song! We have come along way since their first play when they were dressed as reindeer and tried to take each other's costumes off! I am so happy to have a church where even the youngest members matter and learn His words and teachings. Thanks so much to Mrs. Katie and Mrs. Jennifer and everyone at Springhill Baptist Church who works with my precious babies, what you do matters and you are appreciated beyond words.
I was so excited last week that I added another 4 pounds to my weight loss total that I got out my box of pre-pregnancy clothes from the girls(five years ago) and to my astonishment I could get ALL of them on and zipped/buttoned!!! What an amazing feeling that was and a tribute to my hard work and determination. Not all clothes are open to public viewing yet, as they may go on but they are still slightly tight and some of them are a bit out of date. I already warned Paul that we may have stop by the malls on way to Springfield this week so I can buy my Christmas gifts for myself :)So now it looks like our little jaunt to see family may turn into a bit more and right before Christmas makes it even more chaotic. However, this week is Christmas so my goal to lose at least a pound and not gain :) But between get togethers, eating out due to being gone, and baking, only time will tell but my guess is that it will come back.
My sweet little baby A got to come over and play with us a few days and we were so happy to have her!! It has been a while and we have been missing her!! Mrs. Lisa loves you A!!! I also had K and she and the girls had fun. The L family all came over one night for dinner, presents, and gingerbread houses!! I think we all ate more of the house decorations that used and the chocolate fountain was a hit!! We had so much fun and can't wait to do it again.
I did most of my baking this week cookies and a cake. We made cookies for Santa and our mailman. He is the sweetest guy and goes above and beyond for us, love him to pieces!! I also made Aunt Helen's Carrot Cake as our Happy Birthday Jesus cake and it turned out pretty good!! Ally was pleased and so was everyone else. Sometimes I still manage to surprise myself. I must admit that the cream cheese frosting I made was my favorite part.
Thursday we loaded up the family to head to Springfield along with my parents to celebrate Christmas with my grandmother. The kids love their Nana and don't get to see her often enough. We stayed in the "big" hotel again that the kids love, 2 queen beds and a king as well as an indoor heated pool, I mean what kid wouldn't have fun!
The kids played with their cousin Emma and I got to visit with my cousin Ansley. It was nice because between our kids we usually don't get alot of time to talk.
Christmas Eve was nice and quiet and I was so glad because I know that Christmas day will be filled with noise, but a good kind of noise! We stayed home, ordered in dinner, and then had a good bye party for Boo Boo our elf who will be going back to the North Pole until next December. Then after baths the kids put on their new Christmas PJ's to take pictures in front of the tree and my goodness how they have grown since last year! Then we had some Skype time with Paul's family and then off to bed for the kiddos. Paul had to finish putting together Ian's Santa gift.
I can't wait to share all of the kids excitement over Christmas!!!
Christmas
No comments:
Post a Comment