Sunday, December 25, 2011

Out with the old and in with the new

Wow!! What a way to start the week, if every week started off with Christmas, I don't know what I would do! But I guess in a way, since we start our week on Sunday by going to church, we are still celebrating Jesus, just without all the gifts, the mess, the food, and travel!!

We actually had to wake the kids up on Christmas morning, can you believe it? It was going on 8:00 and we had to be dressed, fed, cleaned up and out the door by 10:00 for church. I don't know how we did it but we managed to be early to church!

After waking the girls up they remembered it was Christmas and could not wait to see what Santa had brought them and they were excited, they loved everything. They wanted to take everything out of the box but with our time constraint it was just not possible, so we did the next best thing, took all the tiny things out and took the rest to open at Nanny and Pawpaws! The leap pads were a hit and both girls just love their new baby dolls and Ian really enjoys his little powered jeep. I did well in the gift department as well, I snagged a new necklace and earrings, a sweater, Ipod Nano, books, a movie, a Shark steam mop, Rachel Ray cookware and some boots. No complaints here other than that Paul let Audrey pick out my sweater and paid not attention to the section they were in and bought me a maternity sweater!! I told Audrey it is just too big for mommy but she can go back with me and help me pick out something that fits!

Paul made us Christmas shaped pancakes for breakfast which everyone ate with gusto, as we were all hungry from gift opening. Then it was off to get dressed, load the car, and on the way to church. I would have loved to have been out in the congregation but mommy and nursery duty called and I stayed with Ian along with 8 other little ones in the nursery, but I figure Mary spent Christmas with her son, so what a better way to pay tribute than to spend that time with my precious baby boy. The girls got to sit out with Daddy in big church and for the most part did very well.

After church we went to my parents and the we all took part in our fifth and final Christmas celebration and once again my kids made out like bandits but Paul and I did too. Even as an adult it is fun to get spoiled sometimes, thanks mom and dad. Ian cannot get enough of his new little tent and loves to play peek a boo in it and the girls like their dress up vet and hair dresser costumes. I got me some more gold and diamonds along with a Shark steam mop and some cookie and cake decorating kits while Paul got a new printer and some cash! My parents and brother got to enjoy Christmas with their only grandkids and enjoyed the handmade calendars and pottery from the kids.

Once we left there, we came home and had to find a spot for all of our new stuff and clean out some old stuff but we managed and have a pile of trash for trash day to prove it! The kids were spent and went to bed early and Paul and I were not far behind!

Monday I got back into my exercise routine and tried out my new nano and was impressed it made my run seem to take alot less time when in fact it is the same time I always run and I think it make me run just a little bit faster. I was glad to get to go out before the rain hit because I thought it was never going to stop! Paul and I did take the kids out to lunch and to return a book and the sweater. Audrey picked me out a nice red one (from the Junior department this time)! It fits though, so I am not complaining. I also snagged a tree bag, wrapping paper, and storage boxes all 1/2 off from Target!

Tuesday we stayed home most of the day and did some of the girls craft projects they got for Christmas and then Paul's sister and her family joined us for dinner because they were just getting home from the airport and stopped to say hello before going back to Jonesboro. It's always fun when all four kids are together :) We took them to Stoby's because one we hadn't taken them there yet and two it was kids eat free night!

Wednesday the kids got to go spend their Christmas money and wanted to go to Laura's Family Goods, so we went. We LOVE that store and the kids got alot of their gifts from there this year. They added to their dressup/costume selection on this trip, Audrey bought the police woman set and a hoola hoop and Ally bought the doctor set and a new Hello Kitty wallet. Ian was too tired to shop, so he will just save his money up. That night we headed over to Gary and Erica's for some dinner, playtime, and for Paul to watch this series called Game of Thrones on HBO. It is never boring when we all get together!! I do feel sorry for the cardboard house that lasted literally a few minutes with four kids inside! I do wish that some of our other friends we used to hang with would join us sometime. We are great company and so much fun!

Thursday was such a great day to be outside, the whole family went for a mid morning bike ride/walk/stroller ride. The girls are getting to good on their bikes and are wanting to take off the training wheels but they are just not ready, maybe in the spring when it warms up and we can try more. I also got in my grocery shopping which I have not done in over a month!! Last time I saved $100 and it all lasted 6 weeks! This time I cut my budget in half and even managed to buy some household things and special snacks for New Year's Eve! What a great feeling. That night the girls had a birthday party to attend at JumpZone and it wore all three of my kids out!! We left, ate, showered, and they went to bed.

Friday was a little more leisurely around here. I had to be up a little early because Ian was due for some shots. At his last check up the office was out of them so we had to go get caught up and also get his ear that has been runny looked at. All was well, except for his "boo boos". He did pretty well and cried a little and told the nurse "no" when she went to do his other leg, poor baby! Some band aids, kisses, and a sucker made it all better until we got home, then we had to show daddy and the girls, and when we called Nanny we had to tell her all about those icky boo boos! We had a big family dinner out to use some gift cards we all received for Christmas. It is always fun taking everyone to one place and the kids love to sit and eat with Nanny and Pawpaw.

Saturday brought on New Year's Eve and a party at the VanEvera's!! The girls wanted to try their hand at staying up until midnight and with a late nap in the day they were successful!! They were so excited but by midnight, we were all ready for bed. After eating tons of junk, which is a treat, watching movies, and playing games, we were worn out! What a way to bring in 2012, with my beautiful girls, loving husband, and a sleeping baby boy!

2011 was pretty good to us...Ian turned one, the girls 4, we had some trips to Branson, lots of snow days, I reunited with a long time child hood friend and her sweet family, I lost weight :) and started exercising again, I got the chance to stay at home with the kids full time, I left a job I enjoyed, God provided all we needed in our job transition, we welcomed a new nephew Julian, everyone is healthy, and I read through the entire bible!! There were also many answered prayers and needs as well as unexpected blessings throughout.

So as 2011 goes out and 2012 comes in, I am so excited for what is ahead...with God anything is possible!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment