Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

The VanEvera Family: January 1 - January 7, 2012

On the first day of the new year, I let the girls sleep in. They were up until about 1 am and I didn't have the heart to wake them before they were ready, which was about 10:00!! However, we had "church" at home and sang and read some verses since we didn't make it to our usual church service. Once Audrey got up she asked me if tonight we were going to have another party and stay up until midnight and watch the ball drop, she can't wait for next year. She is so funny.

Paul and I got to celebrate our New Years Eve on New Years Day, because the kids stayed with my parents for the day while we went to a movie and dinner with some friends. We picked Ian up just in time for bed because he cried and wanted " Momma...nuggle" which means he wanted to be with Momma to snuggle and go to bed :) Sweet baby! I just can't let him go off all night, I know he will be 2 in April but he is the baby and I am not ready for him to be without me all night even though I know he will do fine and be taken care of. The girls who are now pros at staying away from mommy and it makes me sad at times when I drop them off and just get a bye mom, see you tomorrow! I am glad my girls are growing up and enjoy time away and with their grandparents but still I just need to know they still need me :( Ally is the most independent as Audrey still needs several snuggle, snuggle, kisses ( a routine I started when she was about 2 when I would leave her at the babysitter while I worked) before I can go. They love getting to stay the night with their Nanny and Pawpaw and its even better when Uncle comes over to visit and play. They went to a movie and then Nanny brought them home stayed for dinner and it was just a great day. I even managed to get a good run and workout in, which is good since I just bought some clothes that were 4 sizes smaller than those I wore last January :)

So far I think the highlight of my new year is that I gave into the Snuggie fad and bought one!! It's sad to admit but I LOVE it, I even gave it a name, Darrell, which is an inside joke between Paul and I. I love to be snuggled on the couch with a good book with the cat on my lap especially in the winter and this is the perfect solution. I held off buying one because I did not want to be "one of those people" who go out and buy the latest seen on TV item and let alone something as dorky as a blanket with sleeves! Now, you might as well just stamp dork, nerd, homebody all over me! The kids enjoy it too and Ally has even asked for one, so we will see if Darrell will be getting a buddy anytime soon. : )

The rest of the week was spent just being together and getting things around the house organized and cleaned. I am a bit OCD and LOVE ORGANIZING and live by the motto.." Everything has its place", I mean I had ALL of the kids Christmas gifts but up before we even left for church Christmas morning. Its a sickness but I must admit I also get a thrill out of the accomplishment of it all. Weird I know but I honestly enjoy cleaning out things to make room for new stuff, I am not a pack rat and I despise clutter. It is great for some (like my husband and mom) but its just not me. I actually rearrange and organize our hotel rooms when we go on trips, go ahead and laugh. I cleaned out closets and got the house cleaning all caught up. The girls and I also used their new Curious Chief products and made some very tasty cupcakes! Curious Chief is a line of kids baking and cooking sets that they can actually use. We LOVE it. My mom bought them for the girls for Christmas and now they have added some more things they want for their birthday in April.

The weather was so nice this week, in the 60's for the most part! The kids and I had the best times outside riding bikes, riding in the stroller, walking, playing in the leaves, running, Ian driving his Jeep, just making memories. I love this kind of weather but I am a little scared of what is to come, my guess either snow or we will be in the triple digit heat by March!!



Paul went back to work on Thursday so we spent a lot of time before hand just hanging out, playing, watching movies, and being a family. It won't be long until Paul's busy schedule with work and school get going so we all enjoyed him being home. He even did some of the daily chores I do, which was kind of like me having a little time off :) I do have a great husband who is a wonderful daddy and provider.God knew what he was doing when our paths crossed oh so many years ago. Thank you Lord for bringing us together and for the life you have blessed us with. We are not rich and we don't have the latest this and that and we don't go here and there and everywhere but we have what we need and we are happy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment