Now that vacation is over the VanEvera's have slowed down a bit. A lot less shopping, eating out, and going out are just a few of the things that are much less frequent as well as the girls "summer school". It is really time to budget and keep the kids entertained at the same time so we are more trips to the library, enjoy the cheap movie at the local theater, water play, inside forts and treasure hunts, kids eat free nights, and lots more.
The best part is that with Paul home I have an extra set of hands and that comes in really handy when I have extra kids as well. I am so blessed to keep such good kids, (excluding mine :)) and to have a husband who helps out on his summers off. The kids that I watch are all so good and when they are with my kids they all play so well together. My house gets loud and messy but it is full of fun and laughter and alot of imagination.
Even though it is June we have had days where the high is in the 100's!!! It has been HOT, HOT, HOT! I am scared to even think about July and August. Last winter I was glad we didn't have alot of ice and freezing cold but I will take that anyday over this heat.
Another thing that has heated up is that the book series that I just finished, Fifty Shades of Grey. I borrowed the first book from my friend Erin and the other two from my friend Jamie. I must admit that although the writing was a bit poor and several phrases were OVER used, the story was very intriguing and made for alot of interesting conversations. There were alot of times I had would blush just reading and then have to google to really comprehend. Then I would just blush some more. These books were not my typical choice of reading material as it is somewhat "smut" as a friend of mine called it but I was intrigued by all the hype and then by the story itself, not all of the very explicit and descriptive "love" scenes.
Now I am on to a few more calmer books and enjoying being with my family for the rest of the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment