Today is the day, my first born babies have officially started school :( While I did not break down I did shed a few tears getting them dressed for pictures. I have tons of emotions about this life moment!
1. How did five years go by so fast?
2. Has it really been five years?
3. I hope they love school like me.
4. I am so blessed to be in charge of their education and keep them safe a little longer.
5. This is just the beginning of such a wonderful journey for them!
I am lucky enough that I didn't have to really let them go off on their own this morning but this is still a monumental step in their childhood and I wanted to make it as normal and special for them as I could. They have backpacks, picked out their own outfits, had to get up early and take pictures, they got a special note from daddy and a back to school present, and picked out their own special back to school breakfast! If today is any indication of how well they will do, I may have high school graduates by the end of the year :) Here is a snapshot of our day.
Here are my beautiful baby girls on their first day of K1 Homeschool.
A girls gotta have a backpack for school!
Working on making words with our letters! I am so lucky they can jump right on in on the learning track and not be held back by waiting on others or learning how to line up or sit still.
Ian had to do his letters too!
I love my kids and my God who has allowed us the wonderful opportunity! We started our day out with prayer and that in and of itself is priceless to us. Audrey said our prayer this morning and prayed for her daddy and all of her friends, so sweet. It is such a nice way to begin the school day and a great lesson that God hears us about everything we pray for. Thank you Lord for allowing me to homeschool my kids and may you help me to impart wisdom both biblical, academic, social, and morally to them. I also ask you to be with those parents, teachers, and students in public and private schools that their teachers will always do what is best for them and love them and impart the knowledge they need. Bless them all in the coming year. Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment