The VanEvera's August 5-12, 2012
We made it 30 days without eating out or ordering anything, including Sonic drinks, from a restaurant!!!!!! GO US!!! I am so proud that we completed our goal and with no time to spare, the girls had a church group outing on Saturday, the first day after the challenge! What a great thing to show the kids that setting the goal is easy but success is not. I love my sweet family.
As I mentioned the girls and Ian went to the WonderPlace and to All Aboard with their Half Notes (church choir). I have an album on FB if you want to see my cuties having fun! They had a blast and it wore them all out. The girls then went to spend the night with my parents for one last girl night before Nanny has to go back to school. Paul and I spent the night playing with Ian and taking him to a new park, that he LOVED and ended the night taking a bubble bath with this new Toy Story bubble bath!
The weather has cooled off a little so we have taken full advantage and been outside bike riding, puddle jumping, walking, and playing at the park. I am now very anxious for fall to begin.
The girls got a treat this week when their Pawpaw took them shopping for their very first big girl bibles! They were sooo excited, though Ally was very worried that Pawpaw wouldn't be able to find a pink one for her but he did! Both girls have held on to those bibles and have made it their new friend, for which I am so thankful and blessed! It is sad to say that my kids have friends and family who think it is wrong for them to get excited over a book. That shows what they know, it is not a book but GODS WORD!!!! They should be excited :) Thank you for those of you are excited with and for them!
Paul goes back to work tomorrow and the girls and I are going to get our "classroom" aka the dining room, ready to go for next week! Lots of things are going on in the VanEvera house and the Lord is present, opening doors for us, and leading us into new adventures!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment