I always knew this day would come and have looked forward to it with a heavy heart, my baby girls starting school!!! I had this whole idea built up that we would all three go to school together on the first day, matching of course, holding hands, and then I would kiss my girls good bye as I walked them to class and then go and greet my new students, and then enjoy a chatter filled ride home hearing all about the first day of school, boy was I all wrong!!
I took the girls shopping today for their outfits to wear on Monday and of course they don't match but they each chose what they wanted! I am a little sad they won't be all cute and matching head to toe but I am trying to let them grow up and be a little more independent. I of course will not be dressed in my "teacher" clothes but in my "comfortable and home clothes" as Ally calls them, shorts and a Tshirt! All of my teacher friends can insert their sighs of jealousy here :) Hand holding will not be neccessary since they aren't really going anywhere and the classroom is only a short walk from their bedroom! With all that being said, would I rather have the image I built up in my head five years ago, NO WAY!!!
I get the wonderful chance to be right in the middle of their education making sure they learn all they need academically while also being able to monitor socially and morally what they learn! My decision to quit teaching to stay home with my babies is the absolute best for my family. I get the chance to do two things I am really passionate about, teaching and being with my kids. Even though I am still a little sad that my babies are old enough for school, I am excited that we still get to venture into this new chapter of life together!
Rest assured that I will as most parents I know be taking pictures and making sure they look their cutest on Monday! Photos will be taken and posted for all to see because even though we are homeschooling it is still school and such a big life step. It will be a special day full of surprises and fun and some tears shed by me!
No comments:
Post a Comment