Thursday, April 3, 2014

Unit 28

Pioneers go West in the Wildnerness Road

This was our first real week back without Daddy since Emersyn was born and we got all of our lessons in!! Here is a cute pic of my new helper. 


This week I took many picture of the fun things we did! 


In history and geography we learned about Daniel Boone and also about life traveling along the Wilderness Road. 



We had a few art lessons. One was free paint and one was on flowers based on our bible lesson. 



We also had piano and mindware books for some extra fun. During co op we had a few farm animals visit! 



Here is what we did in math.


Reading for the week consisted of a new emergent reader and a new routine of 15 minutes of independent reading at bedtime on books if their choice. Both girls like this weeks book and they LOVE bedtime readng plus it makes our school day about 15 minutes shorter in the morning. 


Since Molly's family from history took a trip we wrote about a trip we would like to take! They used a graphic organizer to get ideas and they did well. 


In science we did just one lesson and learned about sheep because they were important to the pioneers for many things but mainly clothes. 



Both girls memorized proverbs 22;6 for the week and did excellNt on their spelling of oo words! Way to go Audrey and Ally! 

We had a great week and are enjoying our pioneer studies. We cannot wait to learn more in unit 29. I cannot believe we are almost done with Beyond! I already have next year ordered and in. 


2 comments:

  1. I am interested to know what writing curriculum you are using, or if your own, would you share it on here? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled this writing from a book called First Grade Writing Prompts by the Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete