Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Motherhood

Babies, babies, babies, everywhere I look I see someone with their new little bundle of joy and each time it gets me thinking two things, one I want another one, (just not yet :)), and two I just feel so happy for the new mommy because now she gets to enjoy all the perks of being a mommy! So as I was thinking and enjoying all these new babies I started wondering what it is most that I LOVE about being a mom and here are just a few of the many reasons!! I tried to narrow it down to just ten, because I mean who wants to read a novel on a blog? So here it goes...

10. I love that on those not so happy moments when my kids are hurt or sick, mommy can make it better.

9. Taking care of them, I know its a tedious job and its probably not done right all the time but I get a since of pride and accomplishment when I know they have clean clothes, full bellies, and a clean place to live and play. Or that they love the new recipe I tried or that I sewed a tear or a button on a doll dress or costume.

8. I love reliving things with them, like the excitement of Halloween or Christmas. It is such a pleasure to watch them enjoy and get excited over stuff that I feel like a kid again and get excited right along with them. Now that the girls are bigger it is enjoying outings like plays, movies, the fair, vacations, and things like that.

7. Having kids I get to see a lot of myself in them both the good and the bad. It has really made me a better person because I can see things that I need to fix or tweak about myself because I see them pick up on it. I like to get my own way and so does Audrey so I will catch myself letting things go not the way I want them to and instead of fighting it or getting mad I just go with it and it makes for a great lesson later on as well as showing my kids that its okay if you don't get what you want.

6. It makes me so happy when I get compliments about my children. I know that is petty but I can't help it. To me it means all our lessons and talks on obeying and following directions, respect, are worth it. I will admit that that its nice to hear they are dressed cute too! Most importantly is is showing others that they have good character. I have always said that I do not want my kids to be "that kid" that no one wants at their house and that warns their kids to stay away from.

5. There is nothing like holding or see your child for the first time and it took me a while to realize and be okay with the fact that they won't be little forever. I think I cried instead of being happy when the girls had a first of anything. I was just so sad to see them growing and doing new things. Then it hit me they will be my child forever which means I am the mommy forever!! There are time I want to shrink them back to being little babies but then I would miss all the things we have ahead of us, like driving, dating, college, weddings, vacations, grand babies!!!

4. A mother's love is fierce and once you become a mom you will do anything to protect your child. I sometimes scare myself because when I watch something or hear a news story about a parent who goes to any lengths to protect their child, I say to myself "if that were me, I would probably do the same thing" I love the old mother grizzly cliche' to describe a mother's love because it is sooo true. My kids are my life and will protect them!

3. I love, just loving my kids!!! Hugs, kisses, snuggles, tickles, cuddles, jokes, games, playing, I LOVE IT ALL!!! I love everything about my kids, but there are some things I don't like, such as back talk, fighting, unkind words, etc. It is indescribable how much you love your child!

2. I love how my kids can tell me they love me without words, just their sweet hugs or smiles, or the pictures they draw me. I do not have to do anything to get their love, its just there and it is such an awesome reminder for me and a lesson for them because that is just how God loves us. We do not have to do anything to get or deserve God's love but His salvation however requires asking. That lesson is still a work in progress for the girls, but I know they will get that in His time.

1. That I will be leaving something important behind when the good Lord calls me home. My children will always have a part of me in their lives and hearts, and what I teach them will impact not only them but everyone who meets them. It is such an awesome responsibility that I do not take lightly.


There are several other reasons that I love being a mom, and I am just lucky that the Lord has blessed me with three wonderful children. I pray that one day I will be a blessing to them like they are to me and that with His guidance they will learn to love and serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment