Audrey's witch pumpkin carved by daddy.
This week had the girls REALLY excited about Halloween, so that was our focus for school. We did some art projects, and worked on the letters Bb, Gg, Hh, Ss, and Ww and made Halloween patterns and used our shapes to make a haunted house. I love weeks like these, they are a favorite with the girls and were a favorite of mine as a teacher. We did carve our pumpkins we bought last week. My sweet Ally LOVED the haunted house I attempted to make for her and displayed it proudly on the porch. Audrey adored the witch her daddy carved and she should he did a GREAT job on it. Little Ian was just having fun banging spoons on his pumpkin! Maybe next year.
My attempt at the haunted house!
Little man has his 18 month check up. Everything was GREAT except that Ian did not like the doctor. He cried the whole time during his exam and as soon as the doc left, Ian was all talk and smiles. We have met all of his milestones and gone beyond many of them and did not have to get any shots! He is moving up the charts and is now in the 75th percentile for his weight and height! He seems so big to use but is just an average little dude.
We had our friends back this week to play. Last week it was just us due to sickness and days off, but this week R and K were back. It always make for more fun with more kids! The more the merrier.
A big thing for me this week was hat I got to go out in some jeans that I hadn't worn since BEFORE I was pregnant with the girls. Gotta love that! They were still snug but wearable in public! I am still exercising and trying to eat better and have lost 35lbs so far and am working on losing another size. If you need any Christmas ideas for me here's a hint....I LOVE clothes or gift cards for clothes.
I also made the Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast one night for dinner! YUMMY!! My goal is to make at least one new crock pot meal a week. I aim for Wednesday's due to church and so far so good, they have all been pretty good. I have made taco soup, potato soup, chicken bacon ranch pasta, cheeseburger pasta, roast, sticky Chicky, creamy cheese and potatoes, and sour cream chicken. I think I am putting my stay at home mom skills to good use!! Along with using the crock
pot each week, I am also trying my hand at baking. I have cut back some due to my eating but with the holidays fast approaching, I am gearing up to make some spectacular goodies!
Fall Festival was this week and I took the kids to give Paul some time to work. My mom went and got to show off the kids. She always seems happiest when she is with the kids, I think it is because she can give them back to me when she is done having fun with them :) She took the girls and they helped her work her shift while Ian took a nap, then we joined them. They all four had a good time. That night we met back up with Paul and got the kids all dressed and went to a Trunk or Treat and Larry's Pizza. Needless to say we were all exhausted by bedtime.
All in all this week was good and busy just like every one is. Next week brings on some excitement...Daddy's birthday, Halloween, Mommy's Birthday, and a trip to Branson!!
No comments:
Post a Comment