Monday, October 31, 2011

Good Times


The Crazy VanEvera Family October 30 - November 5

This week has really been crazy! To kick it off we celebrated Paul's birthday on Sunday, October 3oth. The girls made him cupcakes and then breakfast in bed. It was all their idea! I love this age when they are thinking up plans and follow through. They were so excited that they ordered Daddy to stay in bed and do not get out. They also made him some cards. My mom then made him his favorite meal of curry chicken and a cake. I think he had a good birthday but you will have to ask him, but don't forget to ask him about the witch!

Monday was a lively day as well as it was Halloween!! Since the girls are four now they get that Halloween is a fun day and cannot wait for it. I was a good mommy and made them some fun and memorable Halloween meals: ghost toast for breakfast, spider sandwiches with ghost marshmallows, candy corn, and monster mouths for lunch, and mummy pizza for dinner. They were all a hit. To top it off we went trunk or treating (again) and trick or treating. I was brave and took the kids out because Paul had class. Thankfully our good friends went with me and helped out tremendously. Ian was the cutest Tin man ever and enjoyed getting candy. He wanted to get all of his candy himself and didn't want anyone to put any in his bag. Priceless moments! I LOVE getting to watch all the excitement of holidays through my kids, makes me relive it. We all had a great time and came home exhausted!


Tuesday was my birthday and lets just say I am at the forever 29 age! The family took me out to a great meal at one of my favorite places Marketplace Grill where I devoured a chocolate peanut butter mess with the help of my husband and son, while the girls shared a small one. It was nice to have my birthday displayed on Facebook because I had over 70 birthday wishes, which I made a point to respond to each one and if I left you out, thank you, and I am sorry. I think I am going to enjoy this year!

We finally made it to craft day and story time at the library this week!! For the past weeks we have either had other kids here or just been too busy. Ian sat through story time and enjoyed it and the girls always love the crafts but the best part is that it is FREE!! It is also a chance for me to get some books for me to read before bedtime or early in the morning after my quiet time and workout. This time I chose two books by Janet Evanovich and one by Francine Rivers, two authors recommended by friends.

On Friday the kids and I along with my mom left Paul behind to head to Springfield to visit family. We had a nice visit with my grandma, whom we call Nana, my cousins, second cousins, aunt and uncle. The girls love going because we always try to find a room with an indoor pool because it is cheap fun for them but they also like to visit everyone. This was Ian's first trip since he has been walking, so he was a sight for everyone, having new territory to explore and more trouble to get into. The kids also had their first trip to Bass Pro, which was a fun experience for them. I am just glad we made it through the weekend without any fits or major meltdowns!

No comments:

Post a Comment