WOW! What an amazing week at our house. Last night during bedtime prayers, as Audrey was saying her prayers she said "Dear Jesus come into my heart and save me so I can live in heaven one day." I was in utter shock!! We have been talking and the girls have been asking questions for a while but they are five, I thought I had another year at least! It's not my timing but God's and for my adorable, free spirited, dimple cutie pie Audrey Gray it was last night! What an exciting time for her and an amazing parent moment for Paul and I as we sat, holding her sweet hands, crying, and praying those sweet words!
When I heard Audrey's prayers at first I was a little taken back and asked her to come out into the living room with Paul and I. She looks up at me with a huge smile and says, why, I just asked Jesus into my heart! She said it so matter of factly that I could tell she had been thinking about it. Paul and I sat and talked with her and asking her questions and all she kept telling us was they she wants to have Jesus in her heart tonight, she wanted to do it now. We wanted to pray with her about it and have her pray about it as well but she is Audrey Gray and patience is not a virtue for her, just like her mom. We talked about how you don't just say the words you have to believe them and feel God in your heart. We have always told the girls that God will knock on your heart when he is ready to come in and she told us that God knocked on her heart so she was ready.
After our talk Paul and I talked and we decided that it does take the faith of a child and that we don't know her heart, all we can do is pray with her and for her just like we have been. As her mother there is nothing I want more for her and if I could do it for her with 100% certainty I would and I would do it for Ally and Ian, but I can't! Audrey believes that she is saved and she has not stopped smiling and telling me how happy she is now that Jesus is in her heart. Thank you Lord for allowing us to raise our kids to believe in you!
Please pray for Audrey that she continues this love of God and wanting to serve and please him and that His will is always sought first in her life. Pray that if she should ever doubt her salvation, she gets those feelings and convictions resolved. Lastly please pray for Ally. I know she is bound to follow soon, as she has been asking as well but we want her to do when she is ready and God knocks not because her sister did. With the girls being twins it is very hard when one does something and the other one is not ready yet.
We are planning on visiting with our wonderful Pastor this week and my shy girl is excited to talk with and tell Bro. Ed!! She hardly speaks to him or anyone unless we prompt her! When I told her the next thing will be being baptized she said "When can I do it mom?"! I told her we would talk about that a little later. Mommy is having a hard time with all these big life moments for my babies.
We are planning on visiting with our wonderful Pastor this week and my shy girl is excited to talk with and tell Bro. Ed!! She hardly speaks to him or anyone unless we prompt her! When I told her the next thing will be being baptized she said "When can I do it mom?"! I told her we would talk about that a little later. Mommy is having a hard time with all these big life moments for my babies.
Thank you all for sharing in this special moment with our family. We are thrilled with Audrey's choice!!
No comments:
Post a Comment