Monday, October 8, 2012

Feeling like Fall

The VanEvera's October 1-8

It is really starting to feel like Fall around our house! We have had open windows, hot chocolate, used the heated, gotten out and worn jackets and boots, potato soup, saw some deer, saw beautiful fall leaves, and started celebrating one of many October birthdays for our family.

On Saturday we ventured up to Mountain View for our nieces 2nd birthday. It is always fun to see my kids play with their cousins and visit their Grandpa Glen and Aunt Rachael. The drive would have been much prettier had it not rained the whole time :( We did see the leaves in all shades of fall and had two deer cross our path.

The girls have been working hard on their AWANA books and finally got their wings for Sparks!! I am so very proud of them. I also did some school testing on them and they have each gained and improved in everything so far. Paul and I couldn't be more pleased with how well they are doing and for me to see it everyday is just amazing! I love homeschooling and all it allows us to do together.

Ian is now officially potty trained!!! He tells us when he needs to go now :) He still plays hard at times and has a few accidents but for the most part is done! He is graduate number three of Potty Training Academy. The next thing for him is to get rid of the paci. It will be alot harder on me than him. He is my last baby and it makes mommy sad to see him turn from a baby into a little boy! He tells me all the time, "I no a baby, I a big guy. " I love watching him grow and learn as well as the girls but it makes me a little sad at the same time.

This week we have crazy hair night at AWANA as well as the penny march. Also our youngest nephew will turn a year old and the girls will have the cheerleading clinic they signed up for and maybe we will go to the pumpkin farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment