The VanEvera's October 22-28, 2012
What a busy but fun week we had!! My kids are exhausted by it all and it looks like all of our fun will creep into next week.
First of all the weather has finally cooled off again and it feels like fall instead of summer :) I love getting to open the windows during the day! At night we have worn our comfy flannel jammies and turned on the heat.
The girls went on a surprise field trip with Pawpaw this week and they all came back alive! My dad ususally does not travel with us on our trips so this was a nice treat for them all. They had a really good time learning about life in the past at the Ozark Folk Center. They had pizza for breakfast, and McDonalds and milkshakes for lunch. Pawpaw bought them both a doll and a ring! I am so glad that my kids get to have these special moments with their grandparents. It makes me so happy. They also got to spend the night with my parents on Saturday. They all three stayed this time!
We went on our annual pumpkin patch trip and all three kids got BIG pumpkins! We did the hayride and rode out to get our pumpkins and then played. It was fun and I can't wait to get the pictures up. Then we went to a little costume get together in Conway and the kids got some candy. Paul will not be able to see the kids dressed up on Halloween so we went a little early so he could get in on the fun. Ally even managed to get a little picture of herself in the paper!
While the kids were at my parents, we got the chance to have some grown up time with our friends Lorrie and Mike. That is always fun! I think Lorrie and I have been together longer than Paul and I and she and Mike combined! We ate, played games, and even pushed the limits of the law a little bit :) It was all good, clean, innocent fun. (We love you Gary :)) I can't wait until we get to do it again!
The kids gave Paul and I a little early birthday party Sunday at my mom and dads house. That was nice! They are so sweet! Ally made me a cute card and Ian just could not wait to eat the cake. Tomorrow they are going to help me make Daddy a special birthday dinner since he will not be home on his actual birthday. The nice part was that Audrey lost her 2nd tooth! I just hope the Tooth Fairy remembers to come!
This week we have Halloween on two different nights, AWANA, and more birthday celebrations!
No comments:
Post a Comment