Sunday, November 4, 2012

Friends, Family, Food, and Fun!

The VanEvera's October 29-November 4, 2012

Friends, family, food, and fun add up to a wonderful but busy week for us!  Let's go day by day this time and examine all of the great times of this past week!

Monday:  This was one of our "normal" days :) Daddy went to work, and I started on the kids Halloween themed food and meals. For breakfast I used Halloween shaped cookies cuties on red velvet pancakes, yum! The kids at bats, cats, witches, and ghosts to dip in their cream cheese icing! For lunch I made the kids haunted house sandwiches, monster apples, and a fall rice krispy treat. I started this tradition last year when I first stayed at home and the girls loved it, so I just had to do it again this year! Ian enjoyed it this year as well which makes it even more fun for me. I am not the creative mommy who makes costumes or the cute little treats for class parties but I do what I can to make holidays fun for my kids. I have pictues on my Facebook page! That night for dinner we made Paul a special birthday dinner a day early: skeleton ribs, zombie brains (baked potatoes), and corn monsters! We don't do all the creepy scary things at Halloween, we just want it to be fun!

Tuesday:  I didn't do a themed breakfast or dinner today but for lunch I made the kids spider sandwiches and for snack they had witch fingers with witches brew to drink! Our schedule was a little off today because one of my best friends, Jami and her three kids were in town and came to visit. It has been almost 2 years since we last saw each other and I hadn't gotten to meet her newest addition yet. The kids all played togther and got along and Jami and I got to play catch up. We talk and text and Facebook but good old fashioned face to face adult time was the best! I hate that we don't live closer but she and her family are serving the Lord in North Carolina where God has placed them!
         This was Paul's birthday and sadly he spent it at work and in class :( We are only using one car now, as Paul's truck is not working well and the money to get it fixed or buy a new one is still a work in progress, he takes the family car to work and on most days that is fine, however this week it caused a lot of back and forth and headaches! The kids had a Halloween get together with their church friends, so I had to take Paul to class that night and then rush off to take the kids. Thanks goodness for my mom because she went with us and helped me get the kids all ready to go.  Audrey dressed up as Daphne and Ian was Scooby Doo. Ally was the new Disney princess, Merida from the movie Brave.

Wednesday: The kids loved the Halloween meals I chose for Halloween Day! For breakfast we had ghost toast,  lunch was mummy dogs with trick or treat mac and cheese, and for dinner I made eyeballs!  They even got a little jack o lantern filled with goodies for snack time! We were busy today because Paul had class again, we had to go to my parents church for trunk or treat, and then to our church for AWANA and fall hay day! By this time in the week you can only imagine how tired the kids and I were but we were still going! It made me really glad that Halloween is once a year! The kids and I had a great time out and about getting candy and seeing friends. I enjoyed watching my kids and my Puggle kids having fun! When I picked up Paul, we all went home and straight to bed!

Thursday: Today was much more calm and it was just what we all needed after the busy days before! It was my birthday and I turned 25 again ;) The kids made me cards and sang and helped me keep the house clean. For dinner Paul and the kids fixed me dinner and did the dishes and even bought me a cookie cake. It was a great birthday. It was also good because our football team had a 10-0 season and beat our rivals, Vilonia!

Friday: The weather was nice and the girls finished up school early so all the kids and I went for a walk and to the park! It was so nice and fun. I finished up all the cleaning and cooking and laundry. That night Paul and I decided to go out and eat with the kids and tow and then rent some movies to watch. The best kind of Friday night. We came home and got the kids ready for bed and then they watched a movie in our bedroom while Paul and I watched one. My best friend Helen Ann called me and I got to talk to her un interrupted!

Saturday: I spent the day taking time to be with each kid one on one. Ian and I watched Scooby Doo and cuddled on the couch while everyone else slept. Audrey and I went to get yogurt and do a little shopping. I can't wait to show off the girls Christmas dresses! Ally and I did some errands and then went jewelry shopping and to try on pretty clothes! Paul had to work on some research and stuff for his class, so he watched two kids at a time while I took one with me. It was nice just having one kid to take out at a time. It was needed by all of us! Each one got special mommy time! It makes me happy when they tell me how much fun they had and while the just chat away on our dates about kid stuff! Even though I am with them all they time, one on one time is important.

Next week will go at a much slower pace and then the business of the holidays hits!

No comments:

Post a Comment