Monday, December 17, 2012

Heartache during the Holidays

The VanEvera Family December 10-16

As my kids enjoyed visiting Santa this week and getting surprises from Boo Boo our elf,  what I want them most to remember are these names.....

Charlotte Bacon, - Daniel Barden, - Rachel Davino - Olivia Engel, - Josephine Gay,- Ana M. Marquez-Greene, - Dylan Hockley, - Dawn Hochsprung, - Madeleine F. Hsu, - Catherine V. Hubbard, - Chase Kowalski, - Jesse Lewis, - James Mattioli ,- Grace McDonnell, - Anne Marie Murphy, - Emilie Parker, - Jack Pinto, - Noah Pozner, - Caroline Previdi, - Jessica Rekos,
- Avielle Richman, - Lauren Rousseau, - Mary Sherlach, - Victoria Soto, - Benjamin Wheeler,
- Allison N. Wyatt,

I cannot get the horrific events of Friday, December 14, 2012 out of my mind! Even though this happened several hundred miles away it is so close to my heart! I have prayed daily for those affected, which is pretty much the entire nation!  I have learned that I cannot and should not ask why, because that will change nothing...I cannot keep my kids from public school for ever because senseless acts of violence happen everywhere....I cannot shield my kids from the truth!  There are horrible people in this world who do horrible things but even though that happens, GOD is still the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, and will take care of everything! I know our world is changing and not for the better.

I did tell my girls what happened this week, not to scare them but to have them pray as well!  I did not give them any specific details or things I didn't think they could handle. I sat them down with tears in my eyes and told them that a terrible thing has happened and thankfully everyone we know is okay but that there are mommies and daddies out there who are very, very sad today. I then preceded to tell them in kid friendly words what happened but ended with the fact that those sweet babies and staff are with Jesus...they do not remember anything, they do not hurt, they are no scared, the only way to save them was to have Jesus take them and heal them. They understood and were sad. One of them told me that Jesus must have a big lap to have all those kids at one time! I told them that yes he does! 

They were worried for their Daddy and Nanny who work in school and I assured them that they are fine, it was not their school. This school was far away but we still need to pray! I love that my sweet girls had understanding hearts and souls. They did have alot of quetions and I answered each one on a a need to know basis.  Their little hearts were burdened for those families and still are.

Instead of writing about our family this week, I would like you to take the time to remember and pray for one name on this list. If you do not believe in prayer, then please send positive thoughts to them. This could have happened right here, it could have been someone you know!

I thought this post found on Facebook was such a loving and sweet way to remember this tragic day: It brought more tears to my eyes but a sense of peace to my soul, it helped me realize that those sweet and innocent children and teachers are okay and that God will get us through this and that He is here, helping each of us deal with this and giving everyone involved the strength and comfort their hurting hearts need. Even though these parents will never forget their sweet baby and their pain and hurt will never go away, I pray they can find peace and comfort as time goes by. I want them to know that their babies will not be forgotten, so memorize one name and pray for that family. Help them know that their sweet baby is not forgotten and will not be.

Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate. Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air. They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there. They were filled with such joy; they didn't know what to say. They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day. “where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse
“This is heaven" declared a small boy. "We’re spending Christmas at God's house”. When what to their wondering eyes did appear, but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near. He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same. Then He opened His arms and He called them by name. And in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring those children all flew into the arms of their King and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace, one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face. And as if He could read all the questions she had He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad. “then He looked down on earth, the world far below He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe, then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand, “Let My power and presence re-enter this land! “May this country be delivered from the hands of fools” “I’m taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools! “Then He and the children stood up without a sound. “Come now my children let me show you around. “Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran. All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can. And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight, “in the midst of this darkness,” I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

No comments:

Post a Comment