The VanEvera Family November 26- December 2, 2012
This week Paul went back to work and the girls got back to school. Surprisingly we all adjusted well being back into routine, at least for another few weeks anyway! This week's big deal was shopping!!! Paul and I literally shopped until we dropped!
I will admit that I do love shopping, in fact some may say I am addicted to it but after this week I think I may change my hobby to something for laid back like knitting! Paul and I left the kids with my parents over night so we could get our grocery shopping and Christmas shopping done or at least mostly done. This shopping experience did not even include any online shopping!
In less than 24 hours we have stocked the fridge, cabinets, freezer, deep freeze, and stock pile cabinets including items for baking this holiday season. We finished up all three kids Christmas and to my surprise I actually cut back some this year. I finished up Paul and our niece as well as the kids I babysit which are like my nieces! I finished up my grandmother and both of Paul's dads and started on both of my parents and my brother and ordered Christmas cards.
All I have left are my sweet little nephews, Adonis, Nikko, and Julian! I even got a good start on stocking stuffers!! Boy, are Paul and I tired! We got everything bought, sorted, hidden, and put away all before the kids came home. When they did come home, Ally wanted to go out with me and pick out her brother and sister's gift. She has her mommy's shopping gene! We went for an hour with Ian in tow and then I had to just tel her we would go out again another night because Mommy is tired! After a little bribery to go home, Ally gave in and we left, only to end up going out to dinner and then to WALMART! Shopping is a sickness I tell you!!!
After that we went home and stayed home and when the kids went to bed I tried to wrap a few presents but found out I am out of tape, name tags, boxes, and ribbon and I really didn't want to go back to the store so later this week I will venture out again for all of that. I need a little recovery time!
No comments:
Post a Comment