I will say that on Monday I will highlight our daily activities but I will not repeat them everyday even though we do them.
Monday:
The girls are in unit 17: Daniel Boone Heads West
Ian is on unit 16 of Little Hands to Heaven.
They started their day as usual with the girls doing their independent work: I write it all out on our big board and lay it out in the order I want it done. On Monday their work was the following; Copy verse, Math review 2 pages, and HWOT 2 pages.
We will finish up HWOT and Singapore 2B in the next few weeks before Christmas.
While the girls work on their work, I work with Ian. He sings his songs and works on his whiteboard before we hit LHTH. The baby is usually eating or playing beside me.
Then we read about Elisha and Eljiah. We read a few stories because Ian enjoys his bible reading time :) We always act out, draw, and discuss what we read and then listen to the song.
For math we counted to 20 and then sorted shapes.
When he is done I go on to the girls.
We discussed the mystery genre after a game of clue :) I read our read aloud mystery of Encyclopedia Brown and then the girls started on their independent reading.
We read our new poem called Under the Tree. We discussed it, found the new words, and circled the rhyming pattern.
We read about Maltbie Davenport Babcock and listened to his song This is My Father's World, our hymn for the next few weeks. They are familiar with this song from church.
We did dictation passage 41, followed by language where we did several pages on adjectives and lots of oral practice.
I then read about Daniel Boone. We read Day 1 and Day 2. We leaned how Boone was a wilderness man and loves the outdoors. The story I read about him making a swing to escape Indians was a hit. We then drew a picture of it instead of the art lesson in the guide. My girls need more drawing practice.
We followed the places that Daniel traveled on our wall map and discussed distance. This was our geography.
We then went into Bible and talked about he trait of endurance with Proverbs 16:9. We found ways that Daniel Boone had endurance and ways the girls can practice it.
We did science days 1 and 2 as well. We have co op on Tuesday and the combining of these two days flows well. We read about acorns and what all they provide for animals and insects. The girls did a nice retell of it. We then did our science notebook page on the parts of a root. It helps when I label what they need with sticky notes.
I then gave the girls our writing for the next few weeks. I found it on teachers pay teachers. They each pick a Christmas writing prompt and the paper they want to write it on. I told them I looking for good writing. It is like tic tac toe ;)
When they get done we will make a book out of it. Today Audrey wrote about Santa's reindeer in order and Ally wrote about what Mrs. Clause does all day! They both did great!
The girls also have to fit in piano practice during the day and can have technology time as well.
Tuesday:
We have co op on this day for 3 hours as well as dance class for an hour so school at home is limited. The girls do have to practice piano and make sure all work from Monday is done and do any co op homework. If we have time we review what we did on Monday and sometimes read ahead in our read aloud and or DITHOR books.
Wednesday:
This is perhaps our busiest day of the week so we try to start a little earlier and end up finishing a a little later than normal . Ian has speech, the girls both have piano, and Audrey is trying out karate, plus we have AWANA in the evening.
Ian worked on the letter M as well as some in his HWOT book. We read about Elisha telling the woman to use a little bottle of oil to fill up many jars! We acted it out and had so much fun!
We read more of Encyclopedia Brown and the girls like it. I read while they are breakfast this morning and boy did it save some time during our day!
We then did some more work on adjectives. We are a few lessons ahead in language as the girls have done a lot of this before. We also did a dictation passage, sang our hymn, and read our bible passage.
We did our science lesson over mold and are watching a piece of bread over several day before we complete our Notebooking page.
We read about Daniel Boone and how he tracked down the Indians that captured his daughter and her friends. We did our vocabulary page with the words sod, headwater, and canebrakes.
Thursday:
Our day started as usual with me working with Ian and the girls doing work on their own. This is what our mornin looks like :)
Ian is doing well with the letter M this week. He is writing them better each day!
We read about Namaan being healed in the river after talking with Elisha. I did not have the ingredients to make soap, so I have Ian a bar I hotel soap. Yes, I pack up the little soaps and bottles of shampoos from hotels :)
The girls worked on day 4 of the unit. We sang our hymn which they like to do. I also read some of our mystery and we discussed the trait of loyalty.
They finished review 7 in math and we only have review 8 left to be done with our book!! They also only have 2 pages of handwriting before we move on to cursive. They are excited.
In science we read about how animals survive in the winter and how God make them able to do so. They saw the pictures on the book of snow and now they really want some here!
We worked more on adjectives in language and discusses mood in poetry. We do not do poetry on Day 5 so we have that finishes for this week :)
In history we read more about Daniel Boone and his life as an Indian prisoner, having his family think he was dead and moving away, his fort called Boobesboro, and how he left Kentucky when it became to populated. We added hbto our timeline an also colored a page about him for our history notebook. The girls favorite part was playing a trail finding game! We used a trail of tissues to find each other like Boone's daughters and her friends did when they were taken by Indians. Instead of myself playing, each girl got to make a trail and also is done to find her sister!
Friday:
Today was our slow day! The girls did their independent work and finisds their HWOT printing book!! We will start cursive in January.
Ian worked on his letter M by making a m mountain and using pattern blocks to build the letter.
In Bigger we worked more in adjectives, read our story time mystery and the girls read their own mysteries. They are on the last review in math and should finish up next week. I am thinking we are going to try LOF after the break.
After a week of writing using their Christmas board this us what they look like :) I have seen lots of good and creative writing!
We read our bible story about Satan tempting Jesus and how Jesus showed us endurance and have us rules to live by! We learned how we can always depend on Jesus even when it is hard.
Our science exploration was over pollination and how bees carry pollen from flowe to flower. We used colored chalk, cotton balls, and a wet Q tip, to illustrate this point.
Just for fun this week we worked on a few Christmas crafts!
Here is one last picture for the week of my little helper :)
She loves to sit on my lap for school! The brown spot is the top of her monkeys head not something else, I promise!! She loves to hold him and chew on him so banana monkey made it into the photo, or at least a bit of him did!
Tonight the kids are helping with a prison ministry that my dad is part of. The children of the ones in jail are being brought to church by their guardians to participate in singing, food, crafts, fellowship, and a sermon. The kids and I are helping with the crafts. I am excited for them to be servants of The Lord!
Next week, we will do another unit of HOD and then take a week off to finish up the 3 Rs with Christmas themes projects.
























No comments:
Post a Comment