What a wonderful but oh so busy week at our house!! I am so thankful that Paul was home this week and got to spend some much needed time with the kids. He works so hard between teaching, driving the bus, and taking two classes each week and then working on assignments for them that it seems his time is limited just being at home. I think they all enjoyed being together, especially Ian. He LOVES his daddy!! I got to give them several opportunities to have daddy time while I went running or shopping. Thankfully Paul's classes have only a few more weeks and he will be off for about a month before starting back. I am so lucky the Lord blessed me with such a great husband and provider for our family. He has made a lot of sacrifices for me to be able to stay home with the kids and I could never repay him for that, so I guess I won't complain too much when he does not cook or clean as often as he used too ; ) I am such a lucky girl. Thank you God for my husband.
Thanksgiving was GREAT and I ate tons and probably gained back a few pounds especially from eating cinnamon maple bacon cake! YUMMY!!!! This week I will get back on track, especially now that my schedule is back on track and routines and schedules are back to normal. I did enjoy not getting up at 5 am each day!
I am almost done with my Christmas shopping and got our tree up and decorated!!! I pretty much just have my brother, my nephews, and my niece left to buy for. My parents, Nana, and Paul are done, they were pretty easy. Ian is also finished thanks to Paul who took on the Walmart black Friday crowds! The girls however are needing one more thing, one of the most impossible to find things right now, a hot toy for 2011....a leap pad explorer!! Paul and I always said we hoped our kids never REALLY wanted anything that would be so hard to find because we would not jump through hoops to get it, well after hearing my Audrey tell me " I only put a few things on my list so Santa can get them all and still get other kids toys" I am on a frantic hunt!! Audrey has not asked for a lot like her sister, so I am trying hard to find her what she wants. She has been so good lately, trying to show Santa she needs to be on the nice list.
The girls each wrote their own letter to Santa this year and I am so very proud of them. They did the whole thing, I just helped them sound out some words and they wrote and spelled. They are only 4 and a half!! Thankfully our Elf on a Shelf, Boo Boo just took them to Santa on his nightly report and Santa was nice enough to write the girls back and send back their letters so that Mommy and Daddy could keep them! These will forever be a cherished keepsake for me. They really did a GREAT job and even I, who teach them everyday, was impressed by how much they did on their own and how well they did. Let's not forget their artwork to Santa was adorable.
We ended the week pretty well, attending a surprise 50th Anniversary party for some very dear friends of ours. It was nice to see a great example of a lasting marriage. It a rare treasure in this day and age. The girls were amazed because 50 is almost as old as Pawpaw and that is old! Congratulations Jack and Mert!!!
Next week will bring on more Christmas festivities as we get ready for family pictures, make cards, crafts, ornaments, letters, and more! Before I know it, Christmas will be here! But in all the hustle and bustle of getting ready, I pray that I teach the kids and show an example to others of what really matters at Christmas....the birth of a miracle, love, and family.
No comments:
Post a Comment