Tuesday, November 15, 2011

This week.....

The Crazy VanEvera Family November 13 - November 18

The week started out very slow, which are the kind I enjoy, especially with all the upcoming holiday festivities which will keep us pretty busy.

I really enjoying getting to be back in services on Sunday mornings and nights now that Ian will stay in the nursery by himself. Though I did sneak out during the evening service to get a little newborn baby love from Mr. Hudson and sweet Caroline!

Monday was pretty interesting with a high temperatures reaching almost 80 degrees, in November!! I had some free pictures set up for the kids and felt pretty silly taking them out all dressed up in green and red for Christmas pictures in that weather but oh well, the joys of living in Arkansas...you can never predict the weather...it changes everyday just like underwear! The girls were horrible during our photo session and when we came home I LOST it. I was tyrant momma through and through, thus the reason behind my earlier post of a letter to my kids. All is now forgiven and a new behavior system is being put in place for the girls.

Previously they had to earn 4 stickers each day: listening, kindness, helping, clean up. If they got all 4 they would get to choose story time or game time before bed, three would be our choice, and two was in punishment. It worked for a few months and then Paul and I would forget and the girls would forget so it became no good. The new system is similar but they girls have a chance to earn 10 boxes a day based on listening, being kind, showing responsibility, and helping. Each time they are caught doing those things either the first time or without being asked they will get to color in a box. Every day they earn 8 or more stickers they can choose a nighttime activity: wearing make up, candy or gum, falling asleep in our bed, or playing a game. If they earn 4 days or more like that then they can choose something off their reward list that they help to create. We are praying this helps especially with the listening and obeying, two of their worst traits right now. We started this on Tuesday and I am happy to report that by Saturday behavior has turned around the girls now do things without being asked and with less whining!


Wednesday was HIPPY, the library, and dinner with my parents at their church. Our church was not having AWANA due to the Thanksgiving dinner, but we decided to celebrate with my parents. It's not our home church but we always feel welcome there and the girls LOVE to go to church or church activities with their Pawpaw and Nanny! The meal was great and it was nice to not have to rush around and get a meal ready and then get to AWANA.

The rest of the week was pretty good and the new behavior system seems to be working for now along with our Elf on a Shelf! I even got to take Ally for her first real pedicure and she is now spoiled on them! She cannot wait to get another one, and now Audrey is working towards one, though I would like to find one for them that is less than $25 for a four year old.

Saturday was the highlight of my week as I got to go out with hubby and friends to eat and watch Breaking Dawn part 1!! Yes, I am a Twilight fan!! I don't think I can wait for the next one, especially since I heard it will not come out for a whole year!! UGH! My mom kept the kids for us, which was nice and ended up staying the night. The girls love when Nanny stays with us. It was good for mom too since it has been exactly a year since my grandmother passed away. It kept her mind busy.

Next week we head into Thanksgiving and things will really pick up, so stay tuned for whats in store for us because I am sure there will be some interesting things to share along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment