During the first part of the week we work hard and each day we try to cover two lessons in one subject to we can have that subject off on Friday. The key is the work must be neat and the concept learned. Then each Friday we get to do the following:
Bible Lesson and activity along with practicing AWANA verses.
The girls have 15 minutes of practice twice a day on the piano.
I read aloud a chapter or two from our read aloud.
The girls do a typing lesson and a game on the computer for 10 - 15 minutes.
Ian and I play and read books, whatever "school" he wants to do with mommy. I also try and do something with each of the girls that they want to do. My goal is to do this everyday but some days I just get busy and forget, so Fridays are our special times.
In nice weather the kids get extra outside play time or outside PE. In yucky weather we put on one of our PE videos and get to work!
We will sometimes do an extra art lesson or story writing, depending on what the girls want.
I also have the girls do some type of fun enrichment lesson and right now they are enjoying the Mindware books we have.
We spend about 2 hours total on school on Fun Fridays! My kids love it and mommy loves it! Now this may all change as the kids get older and the work load harder and taking up much more time but that is one of the perks of homeschooling, be able to change things up as you see fit!
No comments:
Post a Comment