Saturday, April 25, 2015

Next years curriculum!!

I have gone and done it and ordered for next year!! I can't believe I will have a Kindergartner and two third graders along with my one year old :) Where has the time gone? 

It seems like just yesterday I was planning for the girls first year of homeschool and now we are planning year four!! I did my own thing for preschool, MFW 1 for K, HOD Beyond for 1st, and HOD Bigger for 2nd. Ian used HOD LHTH for his preschool. 


Ian will be using Heart of Dakota's Little Hearts for His Glory. I am so happy that a scored a good deal on it used! He will use Singapore Math Essentials for K. I found a used set of All About Reading Pre reading for his reading and phonic which I am pumped about! For handwriting we will use Handwriting Without Tears again along with their keyboarding program. It will be a great year. I plan on going a bit owner with him than I did the girls. He is not a mature or excited about school as his older sisters. It also takes him a little longer to grasp concepts. That's the beauty of homeschool though, I can cater to each child's educational strengths and weaknesses. 


The girls will be using Heart of Dakota's Preparing for their main curriculum. I also found it used!! We will continue Drawn Into the Heart of Reading for grade 3 and start in Rod and Staff 3 for language and grammar. The girls will also add the HWOT keyboarding and we will use copywork for cursive practice. In math I am going ahead with Singapore 3a but will slow down and do more hands on with it. I only bought a semesters worth to see how it goes. I am going to use All About   Spelling with Audrey as she struggles. I found a used set and am hoping it will work for her. 

I  am pretty happy with our choices and the deals I found. I saved over $300!! I will have the summer to print files and organize supplies!! 
 
I have already started organizing our school space by getting rid of things  we don't use and revamping how we store our daily materials. This is always a challenge since we don't have a school room and use the kitchen table, the floor, the couch, and even the kids beds. 

The kids will also have co op one day a week. The girls will continue with piano lessons and each kiddo will have their own outside school activity: dance, baseball, and softball. It will be a full year for sure!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment