Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fooled!

Yesterday was April Fool's day and it is always an intersting one when you are a teacher! My class of first graders played some silly tricks on me and each other but nothing beats the trick my son, who is still in utero, played on me!
We had a big pep rally at our school yesterday to get our kids pumped up about the upcoming standardized testing. We had to walk our classes over to the high school and back which is about 1/2 to 3/4 a mile give or take. Well that is not easy task when your baby has dropped and turned and is as low as possible without coming out especially when you have 5 weeks 6 days to go and you know it won't be that long! Thankfully I had several parents go walk with my class so I could walk my slow pregnant pace. I had some contractions on the way but we all know that those darn Braxton Hicks are more annoying than painful. Well when we get there the kids are learning about doing their best and having a great time, then......the teachers get called to the floor! We are going to get shown a dance to prove to our kids that as long you try your best that is all we ask. Well I don't mind dancing but with my "big ole belly" it was quite uncomfortable, especially since I still had the long walk back! As a good teacher I did not want to disappoint my students so I went out there and grooved and shook with the best of them. There is a video somewhere for those who would like to see this comical event! Needless to say all the booty shaking and chest bumping put my body into some contractions that brought tears to my eyes! I really thought labor might have set in with all that I did that morning! All throughout the day they contractions would come and go but I made it through. They weren't long and as painful but still they were not enjoyable, especially when you still are teaching. When I came home I had about an hour and a half of some steady mild ones. With this being my second pregnancy I was not too worried. After every contraction Ian would roll around and squirm as if he was laughing at me! It turned out that everything stopped and it was just my son playing the worst kind of April Fools day joke on his mommy!! He must have his Daddy's annoying sense of humor already! I am sure our family is in store for some good laughs ahead with those two around!

No comments:

Post a Comment