Monday, August 22, 2011

Blessing 1, 2 3 Part 1 Audrey Gray



This is part one of a three part series on my miracles...my precious daughters and son.


Part 1: Audrey Gray


On April 12, 2007, the Lord blessed with one of two of our first beautiful testimonies....a whaling 7 lb 11 oz baby girl whom we named Audrey Gray! I choose the name Audrey because it was a beautiful Old English name meaning "noble strength" and Gray is my mom's maiden name. I thought for sure my little Audrey would be sweet and demure like the name, remembering Audrey Hepburn, however the Lord gave me a much different kind of Audrey. She has lived up to her meaning, she has a strong attitude, a mouth muscle that is huge, and thinks she is queen of the world!! On her second night in the world she cried literally the ENTIRE night and was only quiet when it suited her. Things have not changed that much in four years!


Audrey Gray is a beautiful little girl! She has two huge dimples that are the envy of all who meet her and a honey wheat colored hair that I love. It is a mixed response when you ask who she looks like. I think she looks like myself and my dad but other days I see Paul in her. She loves to be outside, to play, watch TV, play the Wii, pretend, read books, and her family. She is always telling me she loves me, even when I have to punish her for her poor choices and poor attitude. I am very proud of her, I am always getting compliments on how well behaved she is in church or group or with others. She is also very bright and is starting to write some and read! Of course I am a little biased : ) She is learning about God too and can quote verses. She is such a ray of sunshine when she wants to be and can be such a monster thunderstorm as well.


Audrey is my never fail I am going to do what I what, when I want, and how I want, no matter what kind of child! (Insert eye roll here!) She is the epitome of stubborn and I can say she comes by some of it naturally as that traits tends to run heavy on my side, especially in the first born. She is beyond bossy and tries to rule over her brother and sister and even her friends and tries to do it to us. We are trying to teach her to channel her "passion" as we lovingly call it into positive things rather than the whining and reasoning she is known for. We are still looking for that magic trick that will just make her be as obedient for us as she is others. She has certainly opened my eyes as a teacher/parent because I remember telling parents that their child is so good in my class and they would look at me and ask "Are you sure we are talking about the same kid? I now get it, that's my Audrey!


I would say that out of my three kids Audrey is most definitely my biggest challenge!! She is mine and I love her and wouldn't change anything about her, just maybe tone down a few of her more theatrical tendencies. She is a joy and it is a great honor to be her mother and watch her grow from this little baby turn into a curious and chatty one year old, then a two year old tyrant, to a tantrum throwing three year old, and now onto a fantastic very independent four year old! God knew what he was doing when he blessed me with her! She keeps me on my toes and is always challenging me to be more patient, to control my anger, and to be a better overall parent.


Audrey Gray, mommy loves you to the moon and back and MORE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment