I was pretty fortunate in that my mom did EVERYTHING for my brother and I and the only thing we had to do was keep our room neat. My girls think it is terrible that they have to small chores to do. They may be four but responsibility is a life long skill that you can't teach soon enough! The girls have to make their beds, pick up toys, keep their room clean, put their own clean and folded clothes away, clean up their dishes, help with meals, and wash out the sink after brushing their teeth! If only I had those chores to do, but alas now that I am grown and married, my list is much much longer and takes a lot more time!
I would also like to just play all day, which now that I am home, I get to do more of just not all the time. I love watching my kids play and use their imaginations. Even my sweet baby boy Ian is learning to play and I LOVE it. My kids get an idea in their head and the elaborately go about "pretending" to be that idea. If I get an idea, I have to work out all the kinks, like who will keep the kids and how much is it going to cost, before I can just do it!
Christmas and Birthdays are another thing that is great as a kid! I still LOVE Christmas but my excitement is seeing the joy my kids have and teaching them in celebrating His birth. The girls are at the age where Santa is real and they can now make a list. The only birthdays we celebrate are the kids. I have decided that after 29, my birthday is no longer to be celebrated. The girls can't wait to get older! I remember doing that as well and now that I am, I just want to be young again!
With all that being said, I don't think I would go back and be a kid again because then I would not have my family that I have now. I will however live out all the great things about childhood with my kids and enjoy them while they are kids because I will blink a few times and they will be the ones grown up and wanting to be kids again!
No comments:
Post a Comment