Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A few things I forgot about parenting

When I found out I was expecting Ian I was in complete and utter disbelief, I mean Paul and I had spent years and thousand of dollars for the girls! I also could not get rid of the complete satisfaction that it was just one and it would be so easy this time, even it was a little boy. Ian has been such a good and easy baby and toddler until recently that is! I had forgotten how my sweet little girls turned into two terrible little monsters and started with tantrums, whining, using the word no ALL DAY, and trying to find their limits and mine! What trying times those were but yet when I held little sweet baby Ian, my mind, heart, and memories, were oblivious to what would happen as he grew, until a few weeks ago. All those memories came flooding back as my little baby boy started using "NO" for everything, throwing things, having fits, laying the floor tantrums, hitting, and so much more. I still thought to myself this will be easy, its just one BUT nothing is ever easy, especially a toddler trying to find his and test his limits as well as mommy's patience!

As the phase has begun please pray for my wisdom, strength, and patience. I know I get asked all the time "how did you do it with two of them at the same time?" Prayer would be the answer and I am asking for them again! I should be a pro at this by now, but oh no, my little man is giving me a run for my money on a minute by minute basis! As he is entering this not so fun phase of life, I find myself repeating the phrase "And this too shall pass", but boy am I hoping it goes by fast! I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel because I witnessed with the girls. Just like with Audrey and Ally my goal is not only to get myself through this but Ian too. I want him to learn to be obedient, loving, trusting, and know right from wrong without feeling ashamed or mistreated and most importantly unloved. I don't want him thinking mommy is a mean monster ALWAYS telling him "no", "quit" "stop it", "give me that", and so on. I have learned from mistakes I made with the girls but still things are not going to easy on me or Ian. Train up a child in the way he should go and he will not depart from thee! Words Paul and I live by as we raise our three beautiful blessings.

With all that said, I love my son and wouldn't trade him for the world! He is a precious miracle and a testimony to faith. Each time he smiles or learns to stop when I ask or says to me "I lub you", I know I am doing the right thing. Parenting is a challenge, no matter how many kids you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment