Thursday, January 12, 2012

Worst Week of 2012!

The VanEvera's January 9 - 14

Puking, cleaning, diarrhea, cleaning,...you get the picture! After being gone from our lives for over a year the nasty little stomach bug returned to the VanEvera house and this time it came with a vengeance! First it hit my sweet Ally, then onto Mommy, followed by Ian, and then Audrey and finally Paul. I hate it when my kids are sick but at least Paul and I had the worst of it, not only did I have to call Paul at work and have him come home to take care of the kids but I had to explain to the girls why Mommy had to sit on the toilet and hold a bucket, eewww! I am glad however that this little monster was a 12 hour ordeal although it caused me to miss 4 nights of good sleep because whoever was sick always woke me up. Oh well that comes with the wife and mommy territory.

This week also brought on some much colder weather with ALOT of wind and rain but no snow! Thursday I didn't realize how cold it was until the kids and I were almost halfway into our bike ride. Audrey was peddling against the wind and couldn't go anywhere! Thankfully the wind came and went so we weren't stuck for but a minute or two and I did have the kids bundled head to toe. When I put all of the layers on the kids, Audrey asked me "Are we going to play in the snow?" I just told her that it is cold and I want them to be warm and cozy. Even though it was cold, I love getting out and exercising while at the same time spending time with my kids. It also helps them learn from a young age that exercise is FUN and good for you!

This week has also brought out alot about upcoming prom season, so I decided to try my old dress on.....and to my astonishment it fit!! I wore this dress when I was 17!!I remember going shopping with my mom, my best friend Helen and her mom and what a fun time we had. The girls think I should wear it to their birthday party and I can be a Mommy Princess. In my opinion my hair needs to be fixed and I need to put on some make up but the dress is on and fully zipped so I was happy and tried not to see the many flaws. Though this time I have more curves both good and bad, I think I filled it out pretty well.



I found a new website this week full of healthy and easy crock pot and other recipes...http://skinnyms.com/. I tried the French Toast Casserole this weekend for breakfast. The smell is amazing and it was pretty yummy and oh so easy!! The kids and hubby ate it up as well. We LOVE french toast and this one was actually good for us. I also found a few more things I want to try from that site as well as some more Pioneer Woman recipes! I love her and have planned one her meals for next week and I can't wait!

Though this week was not a total waste, I am praying that the upcoming one is much better than this one, not only for myself but for the whole family!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are all healthy again! Hopefully, the stomach bug won't come visiting again for a long time. Congratulations on getting in your prom dress. You look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorrie! Hope you are getting back into the groove of work and school and that maybe we can get together sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete