Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Funny, Silly, and Sassy

Kids are notorious for saying funny things or doing funny things and even make some quick and witty comebacks but perhaps my favorites are when they imitate or put their own spin on something! So today I thought I would write just a few of the funny, silly, and sassy, things my kids have said or done. They always make me smile and I thought they might make you smile too!

Ian has been a little copy cat lately. mimicking everything he sees and hears. I love to make up songs to sing to the kids and I made up one about little man, he goes around with his cute little country boy accent singing "widdlllle maaaaaaan, o widdlllle maaaaan"! Precious :) He also enjoys dancing with me and when we slow dance, with me on my knees he puts his arms around me and his head on my chest, memories a mommy will cherish forever! Another new thing the does is he will put up his little fist and ask "u wanna piece of me?" A skill he learned from his big sisters! If you asks him who he loves or whose boy he is "my mommy's", such a smart guy! He will also tell me "I cute" when he is in trouble! When someone gets a boo boo he tries to kiss it and hug them and say "u okay, u have boo boo". Ian is such a sweet and funny little man, he melts my heart!

Ally seems to be are "diva" and our quick witted child. The other day she asked me if she could drive and when I told her no "well, I will drive when I am 30 then!" all said with her hands on her hips! She is in such a hurry to be big! I took her shopping for a birthday gift for a friend and she wanted to try on some clothes and I told her it was fine but we were not getting any. She put on this outfit, which was pretty cute but also more than $60 (remember if I buy her one, I will have to buy Audrey one) so I told her no we can't get it. She put those hands on her hips, took a step back and told me "When I am 18 I will come back and buy this myself." I told her to go right ahead. She is quite sassy but we are working on how we say things and when its okay to be sassy and when its not. Ally also told me that when she goes to Disney World she will have to be fashionable, not comfortable because comfortable is what you (talking to me) wear at home and those clothes look terrible! Oh boy do Paul and I have our work cut out for us with her shopping and clothing addiction!

Audrey on the other hand prefers a t-shirt and jeans or shorts! Speaking of Audrey, its now time to share a few of her funnies. She loves to wrestle and so she will come over to Paul or I and ask us " Do you want a piece of me? Then come on over and bring it." Then she does her "karate" which is just a bunch of yelling and kicking with some jumps and says don't mess with her because she knows how to do karate! Her cousin does it and she has seen his pictures. If you ever want to know anything that has happened then ask Audrey, she is the resident informant! Although she is bright enough to put her own spin on the days events and always manages to make herself seem like she didn't do anything at all! As soon as Paul comes home after all the hugs she says "Daddy, guess what Ian/Ally did today? They were not listening and obeying but not me, I just didn't one time." She is such a smarty pants! The other day she and I got in an disagreement over her necklace! I was telling her that her pearls were pretty and she proceeded to tell me "Mom, these are not pearls they are called circles or spheres!" How can I argue with that! The other day she told me I was torturing her because while we were out bike riding her chain broke and I couldn't fix it so she had to walk back, that was torturing her! Audrey has quite a vocabulary for her age, she has always had a good one. She tells me quite often that "we need to return Ian to the hospital because he is no longer a cute little baby brother but an annoying pesky little bother. "

Those are just a few silly tidbits about my blessings, I hope you enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment