It is certainly no secret that parents enjoy bragging when their kids do something well, especially considering all those times they don't get to brag because their children are doing things they are not supposed to do. Well, it seems like today is a day to brag on beautiful, talented, smart, creative, and great kids!! I guess we will start from youngest and go up.
Ian is 21 months old and is doing great with vocabulary, colors, gross and fine motor skills, and potty training!! Yes that's right, my 21 month old son is potty training!! We still have a while to go but we are on the way and I am so proud of him. He is also learning colors and counting as well as spelling his name and the letter I. This may seem drastic and way ahead of one his age but he wants to be like his sisters and do what they do in school so he is exposed to it daily and has just picked up on it. I have also seen his behavior improve since we started "time out" of sorts with him. I love my little man.
Ally has been reading up a storm!! Granted her books are usually short with many sight words and short vowels but she is four! She has her parents love of reading and her mommy's love of writing. She is almost out of pages in her journal! I can give her a word and she can pretty much sound it out correctly and write it, what a big task for someone her age. It is so great seeing her love of literacy so early. She does well in math too.
Audrey is also doing well in her school, unlike her sister her strength is in numbers. She can add and subtract with small numbers, order a set of numbers up to the twenties, count forward and backward to 20, and is a whiz at patterns! She also can read and write but just lacks the fire for it that her sister has. In time it will come, she loves to be read to but does not want to do it herself right now. She is only four! I will say that her handwriting is very neat and getting better and is learning alot more than we started out and can almost recognize 50 of our sight words!
I was also told this week that both of the girls scored in the gifted range on their testing!! Way to go Audrey and Ally!! This is one of the many reasons Paul and I are highly considering home school next year, to give the girls a challenge in every area! Please be in prayer for us over the right decision for them. We feel very strongly that public school is good but one on one and very small group (with 2) is even more beneficial and since I am a certified teacher I can give them the "basics" plus the challenge they need without all the other distractions of a public school setting. We want to make the right decision for our family and give our kids the best education possible, it is what all parents want.
I love reading your blogs Lisa! Thanks for sharing :) Ya'lls children are very smart and so so cute! I have also tossed around the idea of homeschooling so I know how hard of a decision it is to make! I will say a prayer for you and that you have comfort in your decision, whatever it may wind up being.
ReplyDeleteThanks Misty! I will admit that part of me is VERY unsure of letting them go. This upcoming 5th birthday is really getting to me and I have 4 more months to go, how in the world have you done this three times already?
ReplyDelete