This was the kids saying goodbye to her this morning after feeding her her favorite treat, a Reese's peanut butter egg.
I will never forget the day we got her and on the way home with her in my purple mustang she peed on my twice she was so scared and then she cried ALL night long! She got over all of that and was the best dog anyone could ask for. She was not bright, even after attending puppy school but she sure was loyal and lovable! Up until recently she would always greet us at the gate with her tail wagging when we would come home. She loved and guarded my babies like they were her own! Here is my favorite picture of her! She LOVED "her kids"!

She also loved to take their things, especially bags filled with Halloween candy.

Everyone who met Nala loved her, she was so friendly! No one will miss her more than our other dog, Cinders. They were best buddies from day one and were ALWAYS together and Nala took care of Cinders like she was her mother. As Nala got older Cinders would never go farther than Nala could do. When Nala stopped, so did Cinders. Here are the two sisters just shortly after we got Cinders.

Here they are running together which is something Nala has not been able to do for a while, but I am sure she is enjoying now! I told the girls she is running with Jesus this morning. I am so glad I bought them the movie By Jesus' Side, a story about the death of Jesus told from a stray dog who stayed by him during that time. It fits what their young hearts need right now.

I am so glad that we got to be with her in her last minutes, she was a family dog. Paul stayed with her until the end but the kids and I stayed until the doctor came in and both girls were upset as well as mommy. My sweet Ian, who could say 'Nala" just kept hugging and petting her saying "Bye bye, big dog". He loved to call her big dog! I know she is a dog but not to us, she was a family member and just like a family member she should have her family with her even during the worst of times. It was time to say goodbye and finally let all her pain end. The poor girl couldn't even walk into the house or to the scale. Last night she tried to get up for me but just couldn't, so Paul and I knew we had to let her go.
It was very hard to explain this to the girls, but last night when they saw that she couldn't get up to come inside, they told me that she needs Jesus to make her better! This is the first real lesson in death they have known, and it is so hard. When we lost my grandmother last year they didn't know her, so it didn't really hit them but they knew and loved Nala!
Nala, you family loves you and misses you. Thank you so much for 9 years of loving me, your daddy, your kids, and your sister Cinders.
No comments:
Post a Comment