Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yes, I still look forward to Spring Break!

It seems like school just started and now here it is just a few days before Spring Break!! Normally this time of year I have already begun planning and counting down the days to the end of the school year but this year is just a bit different. I am still excited about school being out for an entire week but more so for me rather than the kids or Paul :) During Spring Bread I plan on having some much needed mommy time as well as husband and wife time!

When I was teaching I ALWAYS felt guilty not being with my kids when I was off, so I hardly let them sleep away and spend the night with my parents and a night out with friends was off unless I could bring my shadows with me and on date nights I was still home by their bedtime! Well now that I am at home all the time, those feelings of guilt are gone!!

I have really made an effort to get a little bit of time to myself each day. I will usually get up early and exercise, read my bible, and take an uninterrupted shower, and try and get some cleaning or laundry done, all before the kids wake up. Not only am I much more healthy but I am also much more relaxed as a mom. I am also able to let go more and let the kids go with my parents on the weekends and enjoy a date with Paul or hang out with some friends without feeling like I am "leaving my kids again". I love getting to go out and enjoy some me time!

So for Spring Break, the girls have plans to spend a night or two with Nanny and Pawpaw and I am going to let Ian stay over one night!! Shocking I know! He is the same age as the girls when I started letting them spend the night and I know it will be hard but I am doing the right thing!

best friend Helen will be in town and we will get to spend some time together without the kids, though she does love my kids and they love her so we will doing things all together too. I just finished reading the Hunger Games, so all the adults, Paul, me, Helen, Gary, and Erica, and anyone who wants to join us, are plan on going out to see the movie one night as well as have a kid free dinner! I am also planning on getting alot my Disney World shirts made and birthday shirts for the girls as well as finishing up Easter and birthday stuff. My bestie and oh so crafty friends Erica and Helen are helping me with those. I love my kids more than anything but I have come to realize just how precious having some time away makes me love them more and be a better mom, wife, and person.

I am also looking forward to having a little break myself since Paul will be home. We cannot afford a maid to come clean or do laundry or to eat out every night, and since Paul works, drives a bus, and goes to graduate classes twice a week, I do most of everything around the house. I cook all the meals and do the clean up, keep up with the laundry, clean the house, take care of my three kids plus two more, change the diapers, take out the trash, grocery shop, keep things organized, pretty much just be a typical stay at home mom!! It is so nice on those nights when Paul is home to help and for that week I will have 10 days of his help!! Happy Spring Break to me!

I also have a few surprises for the kids during Spring Break! Since we have a big vacation in June we are not going anywhere like usual but doing things around here with family and friends. I think I see some shopping, park playing, the zoo, Wye Mountain, the museum, and other fun things in their future!

No comments:

Post a Comment