I was recently told about a survey taken that tried to determine the perfect age to be and the conclusion was 33, the age I am now. The results said 33 because you have had enough life experience to learn from and time yet still to change things you wanted and not be too old to do it. This got me to thinking about my 33 years on this Earth and things I have learned and would change if I could go back. I am perfectly happy in my life right now, God has been good to me but there are some things I think I would do differently if given the opportunity.
I would have NEVER gotten a credit card in college!! Though it has all been paid off for a several years, I think it did more harm to me than good. It was nice to be considered an "adult" even though I was really just a kid spending money on things I didn't really need.
I would take pictures and video of my kids ever day instead of for the first few months and then when I thought about it or they did something wonderful or we were celebrating something. I have plenty of pictures of holidays, birthdays, outside, vacation, family but not alot of just random fun stuff. I do have more of the girls because they were my first. I think I would also like to have had more pictures of the kids and I together. Though for a while I hated pictures, I regret that now and am doing better. I am also the picture taker in the family so it is hard to get myself in alot of them. I love going back and remembering them at certain ages in their lives.
I would have really listened to God more in my early adult days. I LOVE the life he has blessed me with and everything was done in his timing but I just wish I would have had a closer relationship with him during my college years. College must have been my time to "rebel". Thankfully I didn't make any life damaging choices but I did make a few dumb ones. Deciding to go surfing on the hood of a car rates pretty high on the dumb scale. If I had listened more to God's words and his plans I could have won over many others to the plan of salvation.
I would have been nicer to my mom during my wedding planning days. My mom is my best friend in the world now but whew for a few years we were constantly at odds over something. Maybe all mothers and daughters do that but I feel bad about it and am so glad I grew up and realized how important at any age having my mom close is.
The good news according to the survey is that I am not too old to change but if I could go back I don't honestly know if I would change all that because each of those events shaped me into the woman I am today and they were all valuable life lessons. I think I would agree that 33 is the age to be or at least until November!
No comments:
Post a Comment