This week has gone by really fast for us, it is already Friday! We have enjoyed the warm weather this week by going to the park to plant flowers, having water gun fights, just playing at the park, and playing out in the backyard, as well as taking advantage of the playground at church! I even took six kids to the park with me on Thursday!
They were great and had alot of fun. My big girls Audrey and Ally were super helpers by holding hands and staying in one area, just like I told them. I don't get to brag often enough on how responsible they are becoming but I am proud of them. We couldn't have gone if they were not such a good help to me. I am also lucky that they like to help me out so it fun for them and they enjoying.
Both girls have are really enjoy the new responsibilities they have been given the past few months. They told me that now they are five they can do more and need to make money. I was a little surprised by how well Audrey adjusted, though she does have her Audrey moments. The girls are earning change to put in a Disney World jar for extra spending money. They got money and gift cards for their birthday but wanted to earn some themselves. We challenged them that time they do their chore without complaining or do something without being asked they get o put some change in but if they do something and then ask for money they will get nothing.
If I was a rich momma it would be dollar bills but change will just have to work! I think they are up to about $10, which in DW will not by much but it is the whole process that they earned it rather than how much they have earned! We still have 45 days to go!
They have helped with the laundry, washed dishes, swept, picked up their room, and helped mommy with the little kids when needed. Ian is even getting in on it and will do something like his big sisters and then tell me "I need money." How can a person say no to that especially when his chubby little hand is stretched out and open just waiting for a few coins to fill it up! He must take after his mommy, he loves money!
I am proud that the kids are not only learning to help out but about saving for what they want and working for it. These days too many kids are just given things. We do give them things and spoil them more than most but we are also teaching them. They have always had a piggy bank but with out upcoming trip the lessons are even more tangible and meaningful for them.
Now, I am just trying to come up with something for them to work towards when we get back from vacation. I am thinking maybe they can help with the bills :)
No comments:
Post a Comment