Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring or Summer?

The VanEvera's March 26 - 31

Wow! Can it really be April already? Where did spring go, it has felt like summer this week. In fact I, yes I Lisa VanEvera got a tan!! Shocking I know because I usually burn but there are tan lines on my feet, arms, and legs! I was almost tempted to turn the air on, but thankfully I don't have as much fat as I used to so I don't get as hot! The windows and fans are open and going and makes it nice. Though my Ally does not want to go out because she does not like to sweat. She is so my kid!

We had a pretty fun week, just hanging out and getting back into a good routine at home and with our school. We are researching homeschool curriculums and have found that the girls score in the first grade level on almost all the literacy programs! As a mom and teacher I couldn't be prouder. I don't push them but I make them work hard and make school fun and it must be working. I love teaching them and even Ian is learning. He knows the letter I and a few colors and can count as well as spell his name. Though if you ask him his name, he goes and points to everyone in the family and says their name and gets to himself and says "and I me". Silly boy!

We had family day on Saturday on Petit Jean Mountain. The kids loved the petting zoo and climbing rocks. We plan to go back again and do more, maybe even stay the night in the lodge when it reopens. We got a late start and didn't get to do all we wanted but we had fun nonetheless.

The girls also had a birthday party to attend and as always had a good time. It is making them anxious for theirs in only 11 day!! I have Ally's gift and still need to get Audrey's. All the party prep is done and invitations out, now we are just waiting. I can't stand it that my babies will be 5! There will be more on that in the coming weeks.

I took the girls shopping this week for Easter jewlery and they can't wait to wear it. I also got my dress or my second dress because the first one is too big because I bought it in February. I love when my sweet little family matches and looks nice. Usually we are all just in our "comfortable clothes" as Ally would say.

Now we will just be preparing for Easter and the kids cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment