Bible Verse: 2 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves one another and edify each other as also ye do
Poem: Where the Land Lies
Song: Encourage one Another
Read Aloud: King of the Wind
We finished our adventure book this week!! It was such a cute and sweet story and my horse lover had the best time with it! For a concluding activity I had the girls create a word search using 8 good words from the book and the LOVED it!! They begged me to copy more so they can make more of them!
Ally is excited to start our next book, Little House in the Big Woods, as she has been reading some of the smaller Little House books for a while now! She checked out her own copy to read along with me.
Spelling: y as an i Phonics: Audrey- blends Ally- open and closed syllables Ian: letter review and speech practice.
I am so proud that both girls made a 100% o their tests this week and Ian is starting to get his "s" sound down in speech therapy!!!!
History:
Our unit this week was called English Pilgrims Leave for America and we enjoyed making a paper copy of the Mayflower and learning about the children aboard the ship. It is so nice that HOD connects to the children it is reaching out to! My girls love history because of this. One of their favorites for the week was the Pilgrim children helping to name the new babies on the Mayflower, as they are helping us to name our new baby ;)
Our unit this week was called English Pilgrims Leave for America and we enjoyed making a paper copy of the Mayflower and learning about the children aboard the ship. It is so nice that HOD connects to the children it is reaching out to! My girls love history because of this. One of their favorites for the week was the Pilgrim children helping to name the new babies on the Mayflower, as they are helping us to name our new baby ;)
Science:
This week we talked about what mixes with water with an oil, water, salt, experiment as well as how the Earth spins. In our spinning lesson they both tried to spin 365 times! Audrey got up to 79 before falling and Ally got up to 97! They had fun with both lessons and even though those two lessons are different they went along with our history discussion for that day and I do like that. It makes the whole concept flow and easier for the girls to grasp. Here are some fun photos from science this week.
This week we talked about what mixes with water with an oil, water, salt, experiment as well as how the Earth spins. In our spinning lesson they both tried to spin 365 times! Audrey got up to 79 before falling and Ally got up to 97! They had fun with both lessons and even though those two lessons are different they went along with our history discussion for that day and I do like that. It makes the whole concept flow and easier for the girls to grasp. Here are some fun photos from science this week.
Writing/Language:
Moses was our bible hero this week again! I love how the content in these lessons is familiar to them. I introduced the who/which clause to them and it is a little hard to get but we will keep working on it. They did great using it in their story to finish up Moses.
Moses was our bible hero this week again! I love how the content in these lessons is familiar to them. I introduced the who/which clause to them and it is a little hard to get but we will keep working on it. They did great using it in their story to finish up Moses.
To reinforce it I had them in journals this week write me 5 or more good sentences with at least three adjectives and one who/which clause and if they got all of that in their journal they got a sucker!
Our language focus was a review command sentences. I had them make a command book. My girls love making books so this was short and fun.
Reading:
The girls are both still reading well into the end of second grade and middle of third grade level with both accuracy, fluency, and comprehension. We didn't do an independent project this week over their book choices but did King of the Wind from story time.
Math:
We finished up our intro to multiplication this week and the girls did well!! They had another review/test and I am so proud to say that they both did well!! We did alot of test prep skills and it really helped Audrey to go back over her work before I looked at it! I don't take grades but have started to on a few math reviews to get the girls to understand the concept. Here is a photo of those awesome grades!!
Reading:
The girls are both still reading well into the end of second grade and middle of third grade level with both accuracy, fluency, and comprehension. We didn't do an independent project this week over their book choices but did King of the Wind from story time.
Math:
We finished up our intro to multiplication this week and the girls did well!! They had another review/test and I am so proud to say that they both did well!! We did alot of test prep skills and it really helped Audrey to go back over her work before I looked at it! I don't take grades but have started to on a few math reviews to get the girls to understand the concept. Here is a photo of those awesome grades!!
Art, Music, Computer:
The girls had a good piano lesson this week and they are both learning to name and read the white keys! I am so proud of them. They also enjoy their music class at the Co op. In computer I have them working on a free typing program and they really like it! In art we are still working on lines and taking our time to make things as neat as we can!










No comments:
Post a Comment