Bible Verse: 2 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves one another and edify each other as also ye do
I drilled in making this a practice this week as the girls did their school work and chores.
Poem: Maker of Heaven and Earth
Song: None
Read Aloud: Little House in the Big Woods
Both girls are loving this book and I am too. It brings back good memories from my childhood. Ally has her a copy and is reading along or ahead. We have plans to visit a local Folk Center to see how life was back then and make some of the things Laura and her family make.
Poem: Maker of Heaven and Earth
Song: None
Read Aloud: Little House in the Big Woods
Both girls are loving this book and I am too. It brings back good memories from my childhood. Ally has her a copy and is reading along or ahead. We have plans to visit a local Folk Center to see how life was back then and make some of the things Laura and her family make.
Spelling: long a Phonics: Audrey- blends Ally- open and closed syllables Ian: letter review and speech practice.
I am so proud that both girls made a 100% o their tests this week and Ian is starting to get his "s" sound down in speech therapy!!!!
History:
Our unit this week was called Landing in America and we learned about the equator as well as how the Pilgrims found corn and about washing day!
Our unit this week was called Landing in America and we learned about the equator as well as how the Pilgrims found corn and about washing day!
Science:
Here are some fun photos on our lessons over how wind affects ships!
Here are some fun photos on our lessons over how wind affects ships!
Writing/Language:
This week we learned about Joshua and the Battle of Jericho and the use of adding strong verbs in our writing! I forgot to take photos of this weeks work but the girls did well. They had to have 3 vivid adjectives, 2 strong verbs, and a who/which clause.
Our language focus was on exclamation sentences so once again we made a little book out of the sentences the girls came up with.
Reading:
The girls independent reading project was to make a comparison of real and make believe elements in a book they read this week. They always have fun with these projects and I am always impressed by their comprehension.
Math:
In math we did a few reviews which I graded and the girls did great on!! These are what I use for grades. We do daily work together and independent but reviews are done on their own as a tests.
Reading:
The girls independent reading project was to make a comparison of real and make believe elements in a book they read this week. They always have fun with these projects and I am always impressed by their comprehension.
Math:
In math we did a few reviews which I graded and the girls did great on!! These are what I use for grades. We do daily work together and independent but reviews are done on their own as a tests.
Art, Music, Computer:
This week we did a lot of typing on the computer, music class and piano lessons, and fun nature art! Here are a few photos of our nature walk and leaf prints.













No comments:
Post a Comment