Don't you see that children are God's best gift? The fruit of the womb his
generous legacy? Like a warrior's fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth. Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children! Your enemies don't stand a chance against you; you'll sweep them right off your doorstep. Psalm 127:3-5
Then I prayed for forgiveness and talked patiently with my daughter about her actions as well as mine. We both cried and forgave each other. Then with this verse in mind I thought how lucky I truly am to be so blessed that if I teach or on some days try to teach my kids to live in HIS ways that my enemies don't stand a chance. Of course with my three not very many people stand a chance!
generous legacy? Like a warrior's fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth. Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children! Your enemies don't stand a chance against you; you'll sweep them right off your doorstep. Psalm 127:3-5
Then I prayed for forgiveness and talked patiently with my daughter about her actions as well as mine. We both cried and forgave each other. Then with this verse in mind I thought how lucky I truly am to be so blessed that if I teach or on some days try to teach my kids to live in HIS ways that my enemies don't stand a chance. Of course with my three not very many people stand a chance!
In all seriousness today is a day that I feel like a complete and utter failure as a mother. HE has given me these three precious children after years of trying and praying and I am failing them. I lost ALL patience today with Audrey and actually told her I don't want to be her mommy anymore if she can't behave! Thankfully my Lord helped me see my fault and correct it. And now I realize I need to take my children's faults and correct them not threaten or behave like a child myself. I let the enemy win and much worse than that I showed him to my child. What kind of mother does that? I have realized that every mother does at one time or another.
It is wonderful to know that God is always there with the answers for us moms and all we have to do is ask. HE gave me this kids to love and raise knowing that I am not perfect but with his wisdom and guidance I am! God is perfect and all I have to do is trust in that and obey and if I can do that, so will my kids. He will NEVER give you more than you can handle, and that promise gets lost some days in our crazy lives. So I have decided to make Isiah 40.11 my daily verse. Thanks again Rachel for the verses!!
It is wonderful to know that God is always there with the answers for us moms and all we have to do is ask. HE gave me this kids to love and raise knowing that I am not perfect but with his wisdom and guidance I am! God is perfect and all I have to do is trust in that and obey and if I can do that, so will my kids. He will NEVER give you more than you can handle, and that promise gets lost some days in our crazy lives. So I have decided to make Isiah 40.11 my daily verse. Thanks again Rachel for the verses!!
He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young. Isaiah 40:11
No comments:
Post a Comment